Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Anesthesia-Medical Claims Specialist
Acquisition Billing Services, LLC
San Antonio , TX 78201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to appeal denied and deficient claims.
- Experience with billing and collections with Anesthesia.
- Ability to spell, have good grammar, and can write an appeal letter.
- Ability to read & understand an EOB
- Participates in educational activities and reports needed information to Collections Manager.
- Contact and follow up with insurance carriers on denials, file reconsideration requests, formal appeals and negotiations
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities commitment to company values
Skills and Abilities:
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodations, including but not limited to:
- Aggressive follow up in collecting from insurance companies
- Skill in fast data entry and accuracy.
- High level of discretional, interpersonal skills.
- Tactfulness in dealing with patients, co-workers and other professional offices.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Interact with external/internal customers as necessary to resolve problems and expedite payments
- Obtain status of outstanding claims
- Problem Solving/Troubleshooting
- Follow-up on outstanding AR balances assigned by supervisor or manager
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of re-bills to the appropriate insurance companies
- Provide detailed information regarding problem payors to management
- Submit appeals based on denials from payor
- Provide suggestions for solutions to management
Experience and Training:
- Minimum of 2 year Medical Collections Experience
- Knowledge of CPT, and/or ICD-10
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory government provisions
- Knowledge of laws that regulates communication and privacy act. HIPAA laws and understanding of the application of all above