New York , NY 10001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Using neuroscience-based assessments and machine learning algorithms, pymetrics is reinventing the recruiting industry by matching candidates to jobs and companies where they are most likely to succeed. We are leading the charge in an evolving industry, and growing our team and product to support the mission of using data in an unbiased and fair way to unleash one's full potential.
We are looking for a mid-level Android developer to join our team in this exciting period of growth. The ideal candidate should value working in a fast-paced development environment, owning their features/products from inception to launch, and working collaboratively with the rest of our team to continuously raise our engineering knowledge and standards.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with our product, sales, and client success teams to build the next generation HR technologies.
- Create delightful user interfaces used by thousands of users every day
- Stay on top of the Android world, learn and incorporate new platform features into the app
- Architect new features in an extensible, flexible way
- Update existing features to the latest technologies and standards
- Proactively write and maintain tests to ensure the health of developed solutions
- Build with security and performance in mind
- Work efficiently in both a team environment and self-directed manner
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and tech talks to continuously make yourself and your teammates more effective
- At least 2 years of experience in an Android engineering role
- Experience with or interest in learning Kotlin
- Experience with ReactiveX frameworks RxJava and RxKotlin preferred but not required.
- You should be very comfortable with Git
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills including ability to present technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Health, Dental, Vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Fun, diverse work culture
- Team happy hours, retreats, and hackathons
- Flexible vacation
- Educational budget
- Employee stock option plan