Americorps Volunteer And Logistics Coordinator - Hope Disaster Recovery
Cypress , TX 77410
Posted 9 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hope Disaster Recovery is a network of churches, businesses, and organizations united in the single vision of serving those in need following a disaster. Our mission is to help communities recover after disaster. The network helps coordinate the volunteer efforts of the network partners during all phases of disaster relief and long-term recovery. Our efforts focus on providing disaster case management, repairing homes, and the spiritual care of families affected by a disaster.
Volunteer & Logistics Coordinators ensure construction sites are provided with the necessary tools and materials on time and accurately while also scheduling and managing the volunteers that come and serve on Hope Disaster Recovery's construction sites.
Volunteer & Logistics Coordinators efficiently procure materials, prepare and deliver orders, and schedule pick-ups for each job site with a keen focus on accuracy. They work closely with vendors to procure necessary materials and keep the warehouse organized, stocked and clean of debris and clutter. Volunteer and Logistics Coordinators speak with energy to large groups of volunteers about Hope Disaster Recovery before and after their volunteer build, communicate with multiple Hope Disaster Recovery departments to ensure volunteers have a quality experience, and spread the word about Hope Disaster Recovery at local outreach events.
- Effectively schedule prompt and accurate deliveries of supplies so that construction sites have what they need to complete each project on time and on schedule.
- Schedule and conduct deliveries and other tasks to ensure optimal efficiency throughout each day and week.
- Schedule & coordinate various inspections with the Office of Safety and Permits and/or grant inspectors according to the guidance and direction of Project Managers and Senior Construction Staff.
- Order all site services, assessments and clearances, set up temporary and permanent utility account
- Able to carry up to 50lbs
Successful Team Members at Hope Disaster Recovery are:
- Aligned with our mission to shrink the time between disaster and recovery
- Coachable, curious and eager to learn
- Hard workers who are able to be successful with limited supervision
- Effective problem solvers or very interested in learning how to become one
- Team players who both communicate and work effectively in a diverse group
- Comfortable in a startup or entrepreneurial environment weekly with your direct supervisor to discuss each clients case.
- Advocate for the client both to outside organizations and internally within Hope Disaster Recovery.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must have a driver's license in good standing
- No major driving or moving violations in the last 5 years
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,373
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,920 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career
- Potential opportunities to travel in order to respond to disaster events