Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Americorps Construction Leads
Angleton , TX 77515
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SBP and United Way in service of the county's long term recovery group has joined together to begin recovery in Brazoria after Hurricane Harvey. Construction Leads implement the construction efforts on clients homes and oversee groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers in rebuilding projects. They serve both independently and with other Construction Leads during the course of volunteer-driven rebuild projects. Construction Leads will also continue construction progress on site during times with low volunteer engagement. During their AmeriCorps term, Construction Leads will be expected to oversee the rebuilding of 3-4 homes.
Applicants for this position do not need any prior construction experience.As long as you are willing to learn, are adaptive to change, and are excited to serve as part of a team that will lead a diverse array of volunteer groups, we encourage you to apply!
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized project site.
- Ensure that each phase of construction is being completed on schedule and highest quality possible
- Communicate the daily and weekly goals to volunteers.
- Provide effective training and constructive feedback to volunteers who are completing insulation, drywall, mudding, painting, flooring, trim, doors and other phases of construction.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when coordinating volunteers and interacting with team members
- Serve as a liaison between the homeowner and volunteers.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,373
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,920 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career