Americas Surf Sales Manager
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position is responsible for establishing and developing a book of business for the Americas in the area of Subsea Umbilical Riser Flowline (SURF) Sales. As a newly created position, the person selected for this position will have direct responsibility in creating a list of prospective customers, exploring customer needs and then creating solutions that lead to direct sales throughout the Americas region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong customer relationships with ability to identify opportunities with value to AFGlobal. Alternative and existing applications specifically with SPS, tie-ins, replacement of diver installed connections, riser connections and emergency pipeline response projects.
- Be actively involved in business development activities to develop new client base, preparation of proposals, and liaison with global offices on current and potential projects.
- Meeting all internal and external clients quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Evaluate and assess new and emerging SURF particularly subsea technologies. Which may include managing and participating in R&D initiatives, JIPs and other technology ventures
- Develop working relationships with clients management and technical staff to develop solutions that will solve specific problems in meeting clients current and future needs.
- Assist in identifying project Risks & Opportunities, uncertainties and contribute to identification of mitigation strategies.
- Profitably growing market share, increasing visibility of AFGIobal Subsea capabilities and taking customer satisfaction to new levels.
- Participating in the development of market analysis studies to identify key business opportunities that fit with the strategic goal of the O&G team.
- Establish, implement, measure the performance of, and continuously improve work processes so that resources are used efficiently, ensuring predictable performance.
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Support and/or participate in the organizations Continuous Improvement Program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Good contacts with the SURF/Construction organizations SS7, Technip, Saipem, Ocean Installer etc. Operators and support Anadarko, LLog, Pinnacle etc. and flexible OEMs Oceaneering, Aker, Technip, GE/Wellstream, JDR etc.
- Comfortable with technical connector applications sell and more commodity buoyancy product sell.
- Overall understanding the totality and disciplines relevant for development of subsea concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of field architecture and operations involving multiple subsea production/injection centers.
- Prospecting/Cold Calling, lead generation and ensuring all effort is given to advance new opportunities to close.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Education And Experience:
- BS in Engineering or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-years of industrial sales experience, with documented track record of success.
- Experienced Subsea sales person with experience in subsea construction, IRM and SURF.
- Technical and operational experience to identify alternative applications for our existing technologies.
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.