Sarasota , FL 34240
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Install, program, services and repair physical wiring and equipment including but not limited to: security burglar alarm, fire alarm, surveillance video and other products as require. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. Regular and reliable attendance is a requirement.
- Prompt and predictable attendance is a basic requirement.
- Maintains a positive customer relationship and company image.
- Installation of equipment and required wiring.
- Responsible for service for 90 days after installation
- Adjust sensitivity of units based on room structures and manufacturers recommendations.
- Submits all paperwork including SOP and JOB on time as required
- Troubleshoot alarms and electrical circuitry.
- Trains customers in the proper use of their system. Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Operate hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, and floors.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets; then position and terminate cables, wires and strappings.
- Maintains company vehicle clean and organized at all times.
- Closes service calls in a timely manner.
- Notifies Branch Office when scheduled calls are completed and can take additional service calls.
- Will be scheduled as an on call status to accommodate priority service calls.
- As needed, overtime will be required to assist in priority service calls and to respond to customer service calls when heavy service schedules exist.
Company Conformance Statements
- Stay current and follow company policies, procedures, and understand HR policies as described in the employee handbook.
- Perform quality work within deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Assist with all other tasks as needed or assigned.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Follow all safety requirements and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Remains up-to-date with industry licensing and testing requirements.
- Ability to read and understand basic blue prints.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Has general knowledge of basic construction of buildings and homes.
- Knowledge of wide range of alarm panels.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Analytic ability to diagnose basic problems and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Track VRT
Educational and Licenses/Certifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- All current state fire and alarm licenses
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in all kinds of weather at various locations within a given district or territory.
- Performing the duties of this job, require sitting or standing for extending periods of time as well as walking and transporting supplies in and out of a vehicle and various locations.
- Must be able to squat, kneel, bend, crawl, and climb.
- Must be able to carry, secure and store necessary material, tools, and utility ladders.
- Work is performed at client locations often in hot or cold attics.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to climb a ladder.
- Able to work with hands overhead.
- Good eyesight and color perception to work with intricate components used in electronic equipment.
- Work shift varies based on client and operational needs.
Because Alert 360 hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes: Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, and vision plans A generous paid time off program starting at three weeks and increasing with your tenure A 401(k) plan where the company matches dollar-for-dollar on a generous % you contribute Financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death and dismemberment insuranceTax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, an on-site gym, employee fitness walks, and free home security monitoring with discounted security and home automation equipment.
- Equal Opportunity Employer -