Arete Technologies Inc
Fort Worth , TX 76102
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Fabricates and assembles basic tubing components for air, fuel, oil, hydraulic, and related systems of aircraft and spacecraft, according to specifications, using hand tools, power tools, rotary draw tube bending machines (semi-automatic), equipment, measuring instruments, and measuring systems. Performs work under direct supervision or with guidance of more experienced team member.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Reads work order, blueprints, sketches, and bend data charts, or works from master tubing templates to determine tubing dimensions, configuration, and finish specifications.
- Establishes basic and moderately complex trim lines of parts and relationship of parts to each other, using master tube data, master template, and measuring systems.
- Sets up and operates variety of manual and power machines to cut, form, swage, flare, and burr tubing according to specifications.
- Performs single bend operations using the semi automatic tube bender.
- Attaches fittings, such as nuts, sleeves, collars, and caps, to tubing components, using hand tools and machines.
- Aligns, fits, and assembles tubing components in jigs and fixtures for subsequent welding.
- Measures and inspects tubing components for conformance to customer and Stratoflex requirements using the following devices, height gauge, bevel protractor, calipers, ball gauges, stanchions, fixtures, CMM, Aicon System and visual controls.
- Tests tubing assemblies for leaks and other defects, using pressure-testing equipment.
- Marks identifying information on tubing, using electro-chemical etching device, label, or other method.
- Cleans and lubricates tubing and assemblies.
- Removes minor imperfections by use of mechanical or manual methods according to approved process instructions