Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Air Freight Import Manager JFK
Small World Recruiting
Valley Stream , NY 11580
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you tired of working for a freight forwarder who just watches over you every minute of the day, nagging you about KPI's and spending too much time measuring performance instead of focusing on getting the job done? Would you like to work for a company who has more air freight than ? Where the time moves so fast that your day flies by.
Our client believes in hiring the right people and letting them get to work. Take care of the customers better than they expect, move the freight faster and manage file costs and you'll be an office superhero.
The Air Import Managerwill be responsible for maintaining a positive overall customer experience. This will be accomplished through a commitment to exceptional customer service, operational excellence, and daily customer interaction.
- Understand the processes, compliance and documentation requirements involved in international shipping from time of purchase order placement to delivery of cargo at ultimate destination
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers, domestic vendors and US Customs
- Gather necessary information to prepare quotes, and provide rate and transit options to customers
- Act as a resource to be able to explain and execute export compliance regulations, including AES filing and licenses.
- Understand customers supply chain and proactively assist with moving freight in the most efficient manner to meet customer requirements
- Understand current market trends in order to provide customers with market intelligence and competitive pricing.
- Conduct shipment-level analysis to enable customers to maximize our technology tools
- Maintain files: open the file, enter the data, bill the file, issue applicable forms and documents, and close the file
- Resolve any overseas office/agent accounting, insurance or other issues, as applicable
- Prepare and review routine reports
- Ensure adherence to customer SOPs, government agency regulations and company standards
- Handle accounting processes effectively and timely as they apply to assigned customers
Work Experience and Background
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and meticulous follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the Internet. CargoWise experience is a HUGE plus.