Air Coordinator Agent - Freight Forwarding - Darius And Company - Hiring 4 Import, And Export
Darius & Company
Chicago , IL 60191
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Air Coordinator Agent- Freight Forwarding- Darius and Company- Hiring 4 Import, and Export
We are currently looking for up to 10 (TEN)a hands on, highly motivated Air Freight Agent who will be the primary customer contact for all Imports Operations and day-to-day inquiries.
The Air Freight agent will coordinate air freight product shipments ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives.
Will also serve as liaison among customers, vendors, and government agencies.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible to ensure product operations are compliant to all internal policies and external government regulations.
- Coordinate air freight product operation process.
- Manage air and ocean customs clearance.
- Ensure import processes are in compliance with US Customs Regulations, USDA, and FDA.
- Input data, file and process documentation.
- Assist and maintain service relations with clients and other offices.
- Maintains close contact with vendors, shippers, and agents in order to ensure the best quality customer service to clients.
- Provide customers with daily updates about their freight.
- Responsible to work with C-ARE personnel and Sales as needed.
- Responsible to professionally support customer escalations in conjunction with Product Manager, C-ARE and/or Sales.
- Keeps clients informed and maintains knowledge of market trends and changes in service options.
- Ensures clients, company partners and/or other required parties are kept fully informed of transport arrangements and status on regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years working in air freight forwarding industry.
- Associates degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience in brokerage and custom compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Perishables logistics experience highly preferred.
- Completion of IATA/FIATA, Dangerous Goods and/or any other industry related courses would be a plus.
- CargoWise software knowledge will be a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to solve logistical problems as necessary.
- Ability to complete work on schedule.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or overseas agents.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting.
- Knowledge of customs forms and power of attorney.
- Proficient in world geography, export documentation, and Incoterms.
- Team player within company.
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
- Professional and courteous phone manner.
- Strong work ethic with desire to succeed.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes (email).
- Proficient in
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Imports/Customs Brokerage: 1 year (Preferred)
- Air Freight Agent: 2 years (Required)
- Perishables Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- CargoWise Software: 1 year (Preferred)