Agile Scrum Master
Bluestream Consulting, LLC
Baltimore , MD 21201
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
BlueStream Consulting provides management and technology consulting services to commercial and government clients across a wide array of functional and cutting-edge technical areas. BlueStream is currently seeking qualified individuals to serve in various requirements, development, testing, product management and project management roles to deliver services to US citizens using cloud services, mobile, artificial intelligence, software defined networking, automation testing tools and large packaged software solutions.
The team is currently seeking strong scrum masters to work closely with the business and IT to manage the ongoing delivery and testing of new software. In order to achieve an ongoing pipeline of new software functionality, our client has adopted product management and Agile development methodology to increase velocity of software releases while meeting the public need efficiently and effectively. This transformation has created an exciting opportunity for interested candidates to help modernize the agency while gaining valuable experience and making a significant impact on the capabilities of our government.
Qualified individuals will be responsible for driving requirements gathering working sessions, validating requirements with subject matter experts, reporting to product managers and clarifying requirements with development and testing resources.
- Support the product development process:
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress within the agreed reporting framework
- Maintain process documentation
- Support and enforce the Agile methodology and framework used by the project team
- Fulfill the role of the Scrum Master, leading product development teams in the delivery of business critical, enterprise software development projects to our production systems
- Ensure the Scrum Framework is implemented effectively and provides coaching and training at the team level to maximize its benefits
- Support the Product Owner
- Assist with product backlog maintenance as needed
- Assist with internal and external communication to improve transparency
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
- Assist with the launch plan and overseeing the coordinated roll out and delivery
- Support the Scrum Team
- Assist with making appropriate commitments to deliver business value through story selection, definition of tasks and estimation
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools and best practices
- Identify and remove impediments
- Facilitate team discussion and conflict resolution
- Help the team to learn from experience
- Empower the team to self-organize
- Provide support with risk management, release management, facilitate release planning activities,
- Adopt a positive attitude about Agile processes, ensure tasks are flowing from one phase to the next, facilitate the basics of the process (i.e. transparency, project information is current, impediments are being eliminated)
- Conduct Scrum team training, retrospective workshops, Lean software development workshops for infrastructure teams.
- Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via white papers and presentations, enabling the ease of comprehension by customers and all stakeholders.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customers lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices
- Support the development and execution plan to support the transformation to Agile methodology, including development of processes, templates, artifacts, training materials, and lessons-learned.
- Ensure HIPAA violations do not occur within the program by taking a proactive role in the constant vigilance and rigor to emphasize HIPAA compliance throughout all levels of the program (systems, personnel, and data). To be fully aware of all PHI/PII within their respective program and how it is protected.
- Provide continuous training to ensure all staff understand and can execute their role in HIPAA compliance. HIPAA compliance is to be prioritized over project schedules. Working with their program security lead, ensure all required safeguards are in place. Require and support developers use of secure coding practices (as applicable to program SOW). Be fully conversant (and ensure staff are trained) on breach notification procedures for your program.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with and understanding of doing business with the federal government.
- Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities.
- Experience with enterprise architecture, application planning, and deployment.
- Experience leading efforts to prepare life cycle documents, including Use Cases, Requirements System Design
- Alternatives, System Development Plans, Detailed Design Specifications, and Implementation Plans.
- Certification as Agile Coach
- Agile Certified Practitioner
- Certification as a Product Owner (CPO) ,
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
Certification in one or more of these designations is preferred:
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience or
Master's Degree and at least 5 years of experience
- All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Green Card Holder. No H1B, No EAD and No Student Visa
This position is on a contingent basis pending the successful completion of security clearance and the role approval by the client. Candidates can expect 4-6 weeks between the initial client interview and receiving their start date
BlueStream is an equal opportunity employer. Employees will have the option of an employer provided health care plan.