Aerospace Systems Engineer
Ad Astra Talent Acquisition (Confidential Company)
Mojave , CA 93501
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About the Company:
Our client company is a 15 year old Mojave, California based aerospace R&D company that is working to create reliable and reusable rocket vehicles and components for the purpose of enabling space transportation and reliable planetary landers for the Earth, Moon, Mars and more.
Strong health benefits
Potential equity component
Working on an incredible mission
About you:We are looking for a technical expert who thrives in ambiguity of a start up environment, is mission driven, has an extraordinary passion for space, is a self starter, and a problem-solver.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work across this company's programs, with a focus on a lunar lander for a 2022 mission.
- Rocket engine systems testing and plume effects research, testing, & analysis.
- Systems engineering in support of lunar lander and space system development in a wide range of disciplines.
- Support the resolution of technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system solutions are flight worthy prior to delivery for launch.
- Evaluating customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrating technical parameters, and assuring compatibility of physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Generate, review, approve, and manage system requirements – including but not limited to regulatory, safety, design, environmental, manufacturing, quality, operational, and testing requirements.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop CONOPs and interface definitions
- Assist in coordination of integrated testing requiring strategic functional implementation to support verification and other type of events
- Apply your experience in design and systems engineering principles to solve relevant aerospace issues
- Utilize excellent teamwork and written/oral English communications skills
Skills and Experience:
- Innovative and eager to help create a Cislunar economy - passionate about space
- Understands what is (and is not) needed for high-quality spaceflight systems
- Supporting the design, development, integration and test of lunar lander systems.
- Understanding of spacecraft systems environments, especially lunar landers
- An understanding of Cis-lunar and lunar surface environments
- Experience with the complete lifecycle of spacecraft development: design, build, test, and fly.
- Experience with startups or new space companies
- Several years experience in spacecraft systems engineering
Must be a “U.S. person” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)Must work out of Mojave, CA