Sovereign Health San Clemente , CA 92672
Reporting to the Admissions Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing live chat and contact form coverage for incoming enquiries. The position offers the opportunity to work remotely, from home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dealing with incoming admission enquiries including promotion of Sovereign Health programs, pre-admission assessments and answering questions from potential patients, family members or professional referents.
2. Providing treatment recommendations within the Sovereign network of treatment centers.
3. If the call is not appropriate for Sovereign, offering alternative options to established and Sovereign approved referral sources or other addiction and behavioral healthcare providers.
4. Tracking and documenting the disposition of potential patients from initial call, handoff to facility, up to an including admission serving as support for facility intake coordinators.
5. Identifying and reporting new referral source opportunities.
6. Conducting timely follow-up, as needed, to ensure admission.
7. Submitting weekly reports
8. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. BA in Psychology or Social Work preferred.
2. Previous sales experience required.
3. 2 years experience working in a treatment setting with clients who suffer from addiction or psychological disorders preferred.
4. Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
Skills and Competency:
1. Must have the ability to quickly assess (by phone) the acuity and needs of potential patients and make treatment recommendations based on clinical presentation.
2. Must be able to assess the risk of self-harm.
3. Must have a strong understanding of addiction, commonly abused substances and their classification, co-dependency, dual diagnosis and psychiatric conditions.
4. Must have an understanding of treatment modalities, levels of care and medication used in the treatment of these disorders.
5. Must be able to effectively communicate the benefits of residential treatment.
6. Must have the ability to work with referring professionals to coordinate patient admission.
7. Strong computer, phone and keyboard skills are essential.
8. Knowledge of Sales Force, ZOHO or vTiger CRM would be an advantage.
9. Must be able to multi-task and work well within a team.
10. Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining dedication to customer service.
11. Must have strong negotiation skills and be comfortable with assessing/discussing the ability to pay privately for treatment.
12. Knowledge of managed care and insurance as it relates to mental health benefits would be advantageous.
In addition, the candidate must have the skills and competency to communicate with people at all levels of the organization. They must be agreeable and professional whilst being able to gather information and refer it to the appropriate member of the team. Accurate information gathering is essential as is the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize conflicting demands whilst working effectively.
They will have the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others. They will be sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy. They will have the ability to work alone but also in a team, with fellow staff, in the business setting and will actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems. The candidate will have good time management skills and will actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions.
Medical, Dental & Vision