Admissions Nurse (Rn) - Los Alamos Retirement Community
Onpointe At Home
Los Alamos , NM 87544
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Los Alamos Retirement Community is currently seeking a qualified Admissions Nurse (RN) (LPN) for Sombrillo Nursing & Rehabilitation, a newly renovated skilled nursing facility that is an integral part of our senior living campus. Surrounded by the beautiful Jemez Mountains, this campus has been providing exceptional skilled rehabilitation, assisted living, and long-term care services to the heart of Northern New Mexico for over 30 years.
Purpose: The Admissions Nurse is responsible for resident admissions, professional nursing services and care provided to assigned residents, and overall supervision of resident care activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Primarily responsible for gathering all necessary information and completing a pre-admission review assessment prior to a patient admitting.
- Responsible for working with the patient and/or their responsible party in obtaining as much information as possible to ensure that we understand their expectations during their stay with us and to help the direct care staff taking care of them be successful including but not limited to understanding their functional level prior to hospital/entity admission, compliance with care, level of support at home and how many hours a day that is, discuss continuity of care with home health or hospice discharge options, obtain community PCP and set appointment for follow-up, condition of equipment at home, how often they like to take their medications, etc.
- Complete other assessments as required such as food/dietary preference.
- Complete payer verification inquiry to ensure there is a payer source in place, obtain authorization if required by the Managed Care, HMO Medicare and Managed Care Medicaid organizations for all necessary items such as the care, carve-outs for transport, DME equipment, high-cost medication, etc. and ensure everything is entered/uploaded to the resident medical record on admission.
- Review current orders, specialty equipment and other clinical needs for admission to coordinate with the staff to ensure everything is in place prior to admission as well as determine if there is high-cost medications or equipment that need to be reviewed with the physician if there is a more appropriate option for the skilled nursing setting.
- Complete Medication Reconciliation upon admission to the SNF to simplify the medication administration times that would benefit the patient the most upon request.
- Review ICD-10 Coding in hospital documentation to identify treatment needs during their current episode of care and admit patient into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Initiate Resident 48-hour Baseline Care Plan upon admission in its entirety.
- Communicate all necessary information to management and care team when admission is confirmed to best care for the patient and their family/support system.
- Ensure Admissions Contract is signed and uploaded to the residents record on admission via electronic signature.
- Develop and complete marketing plan weekly to submit to your supervisor to ensure appropriate plans are in place to drive census expectations.
- Ensure referral log is completed daily, Mon-Friday, to ensure proper tracking and trending of our business to make effective decisions.
- Develop relationship with referral sources such as Case Managers, MDs, NPs, PAs, community network organizations, etc to develop strong business pipelines for referrals.
- Complete all training requirements in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate superior customer service through professionalism, courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive communication.
- Communicate and interact professionally and respectfully with others in attending to and meeting their requests.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as required to effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are in the best interests of the company
- Current unencumbered RN license in New Mexico
- Experience in skilled nursing/or sub-acute care setting preferred, but not required
- Excellent customer service skills; dedication and commitment to providing quality healthcare services
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in an enthusiastic, resident- focused, work environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Professional appearance
- Desire to be a part of the new generation of healthcare professional
- Proficient computer skills
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Direct patient care without time restrictions to build patient relationships
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits
If you are seeking a change to an environment that reflects your skills, professionalism, and willingness to care for others, please submit your application for our consideration.