Are you passionate about making a difference in others' lives? Then come join the Straight and Narrow team!
Headquartered in Paterson, NJ, Straight and Narrow is the largest program of its kind. We provide innovative and compassionate services to individuals struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders. We are looking for dedicated, caring and compassionate people to work in our Residential/Outpatient Treatment Facilities and Community Programs.
Schedule per week: (Monday
Location: Paterson, NJ
1.Maintain an admissions/discharge log. Conduct all Admissions for HWH, long-term, short-term residential treatment, Detox, IOP/OP, and Monsignor Wall Clinic. Have all intake paperwork signed including consent forms; coordinate, schedule, and act as liaison for all intake and assessment appointments; receive all phone calls regarding admissions and forward to appropriate assessor.
2.Maintain assessment log; specifically, provide a weekly report to the Program Director on clients scheduled to be assessed and/or admitted, as well as clients interviewed and reasons for acceptance or rejection; track the number of off-site assessments conducted by staff, to clearly illustrate the admissions/discharge/outreach/census process at the adolescent unit.
3.Provide a daily admissions roster list for Adolescent inpatient treatment
4.Provide a weekly report of discharges and readmission eligibility (i.e. clients who were admitted, discharged and why discharged).
5.Conduct assessments for prospective clients and Bio-psychosocial for new clients
6.Get authorizations from Performcare for Admission and Enhanced services
7.Keep close communication with Program Director to ensure all reauthorizations are submitted in a timely manner and are appropriately approved
8.Conduct orientation for new clients (explain program & rules), give initial 5-minute phone call (if needed), distribute welcome packet
9.Conduct assessments that need to be scheduled in the morning or early afternoon
10. Assist with in-house file inspections and state monitoring
11. Assist with any IA visits/investigations, etc.
12. Attend staff meetings/group supervisions, including Team Meeting (document team meeting)
13. Attend bi-weekly individual supervision or as needed
14. Assist with interventions (documentation)
15. Act as liaison with courts; correspondence for admissions status, re-admissions etc.
16. Help substitute when counselors are out of the agency
17. Ensure that treatment slots are met at capacity
18. Ensure all admission documentation is up to date and accurate
19. Help with creation and revision of policies and procedures
20. Attend any CQI sub-committee meetings as assigned as well as local meetings that will help with recruitment and outreach.
21. Complete other tasks assigned by the director
22. Supervise Admission Counselors and Office Manager in the absence of the Program Director
23. Attend Program Evaluation and Peer Review Committee
24. Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
1.Ensure that documentation of any treatment provided directly to client(s) is documented and filed in compliance with the agencys policy.
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals.
SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.
Masters Degree with LCADC or working towards LCADC (LCADC plus LCSW/LPC preferred) and minimum of two years experience in the field of addictions treatment are required.
Department For Persons With Disabilities