Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Administrative Office Manager
Anchorage , AK 99507
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Alaska Zoo Job Title: Administrative Office ManagerDepartment: AdministrationReports to: Executive DirectorClassification: Full Time Exempt, minimum 40 hours work weekPay: From $40k per year DOEPosition Summary
The Administrative Office Manager (AOM) is a strategic thought-partner, and reports to the Executive Director (ED). The AOM is a hands-on and participative manager and leads and develops an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, administration, customer service concerning financial issues, and IT programs and record retention relative to finances and HR.
The AOM plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Alaska Zoo continues to enhance its quality programs and operations.ResponsibilitiesFinancial Management
Human Resources and Administration
- Manage and maintain all financial aspects of zoo accounting and financial record retention, including, but not limited to; customer service cash handling and registers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, grant tracking and reporting, deposits, money transfers, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Confirm validity of bills and that expenses are appropriately accounted for.
- Train, when needed, and manage financial processing and data entry staff and ensure that appropriate checks and balances are in place to find and correct errors.
- Input all payroll associated financial data into QuickBooks as the reports include confidential pay information.
- Clearly communicate and educate all staff regarding financial procedures and policies and ensure they are followed for accurate and timely financial record keeping.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the ED.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and facilitate the annual audit process, liaise with external accountant, external auditors, and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess and implement any changes necessary.
- Assist in annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organizations financial status.
- Maintain filing system and procedures for record retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance departments overall policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advise ED and liaison with Avitus Group, Inc. concerning HR issues, policy updates, and timecard approvals.
- Ensure that hiring processes are consistent throughout departments and streamlined.
- Assist ED in writing and/or updating operational and personnel procedures and policies
- Review all timecards for completeness, accuracy of PTO usage, and adding holiday pay when applicable.
- Maintain confidential personnel files for all zoo employees and seasonal interns.
- High Degree of confidentiality, discretion, and judgment required.
- Must be flexible in changing priorities quickly and effectively.
- Strong communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Must possess superior organizational skills.
- Excellent and highly accurate Data Entry skills
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of supplies, software, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and accounting software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Working knowledge of the QuickBooks accounting software
- Bachelors of Science degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least seven to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operation experience.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management preferred
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of personalities
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in an environment that has multiple varied departments and business types
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Alaska Zoo
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl, or bend, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs and ladders, and walk graveled trails at varying inclines.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.