This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
The Administrative Coordinator for Nursing works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or Director. This position provides support to the Manager in daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations.
This role includes responsibilities for disciplinary actions, performance reviews and the hiring process. The Administrative Coordinator for Nursing maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care, regularly performs the job duties of a registered nurse to include all aspects of the nursing process, is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The Administrative Coordinator for Nursing has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure that the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis.
The Administrative Coordinator for Nursing will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager. This is to include weekends and holiday coverage.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1.Responsible for daily operations ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care.
2.Manages patient throughput daily to ensure safe placement of patients in the right bed the first time.
3.Provides input for the development of departmental budgets.
4.Assists in the development of department staffing schedules; reviews Visionware daily and makes appropriate staffing adjustments to meet staffing targets.
5.Reviews and edits ANSOS and Kronos daily.
6.Demonstrates effective communication skills when rounding daily on patients, staff, doctors and waiting areas and addresses any issues and concerns as they arise.
7.Provides education to staff as needed, assists in tracking adherence to all mandatory education and assists with staff development.
8.Coaches/counsels and recognizes staff for job performance; gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods.
9.Issues disciplinary action following discussion with Manager.
10. Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to ensure achievement of quality goals.
11. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and interdisciplinary projects.
12. Leads patient care conferences and ensures active participation by all team members.
13. Participates in and assists the Manager with staff meetings and daily huddles.
14. Coordinates with staff and physicians to ensure key items, equipment, supplies etc. are available as needed.
15. Works closely with Manager in the hiring process to ensure the BBI process is properly utilized, all hiring policies are followed and the most qualified candidates are hired.
16. In cooperation with the Manager, is responsible for ensuring that staff evaluations are done on time.
17. Participates or delegates chart audits, quality reports and other department oversight responsibilities as they arise.
18. Exhibits the ability to problem-solve, appropriately confront issues and motivate others both individually and as a group.
19. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
(This position is administrative/clinical/operations management and is not assigned patients on a daily basis)
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1.Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN or other related field preferred.
2.Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina. AHA BCLS required and certification in departmental specialty preferred.
3.Experience: 3 years in clinical setting preferred
New Hanover Health Network