VIEW JOBS1/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-16T00:00BACKGROUND
Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF's facilities include a state-of-the-art plant, and R&D facility, as well as warehouse and Corporate functions. We are focused on continued growth and are executing against various initiatives that include additional product lines, new sales channels, greater penetration of our extensive customer relationships, as well as opportunistic acquisitions. Our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong HR Coordinator.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Human Resources Coordinator will support the HR team in the coordination of all aspects of the human resources functions including benefits administration, development and dissemination of policies & procedures, and retention efforts. The HR Coordinator will act as a primary contact for employees for general questions and concerns and must have the ability to effectively communicate information. Additionally, the HR Coordinator will work closely with the Vice President of Human Resources and other senior staff on a variety of projects related to employee engagement and development.
* Works with employees and internal partners to provide support and respond to inquiries
* Provides administrative help to the HR team as needed, including data entry, filing, scheduling meetings, assembling new hire paperwork, ordering office supplies, sending FedEx packages, etc.
* Processes new hires and terminations
* Prepares and maintains employee records in compliance with applicable legal requirements
* Assists with in-house HR audits to ensure compliance
* Conducts research on policy, legal updates and benefit trends and makes recommendations
* Supports recruitment and retention efforts as needed
* Works with the HR team to brainstorm and identify solutions to ensure Home Market Food's continued strength as a fantastic environment in which to work
* Works with the VP of HR to design and monitor HR analytics
* Other duties as assigned
* Fluency in Portuguese is required
* Associate's degree is required
* At least two years of administrative experience required
* Strong MS Office skills required
* Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now is a plus
* Must be analytical, detail-oriented and take pride in producing excellent work
* Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
* Have a sense of urgency: strong follow-through and results-driven in a fast-paced environment
* Must be able to adapt quickly to changing needs of the business
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships, communicate clearly, and create and maintain an organized work environment
* Must be able to explain new protocols to employees with patience and diplomacy. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers and the general public
Home Market FoodsNorwoodMA
VIEW JOBS1/11/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-11T00:00Job Description Production Coordinator - Norwood, MA
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development. This position is based at Instron's Electro-Mechanical (EM) equipment division located in Norwood, Massachusetts.
This is a key position within the "make to order" (MTO) systems group. Reporting to the focused factory/operations manager, the production coordinator will be mainly responsible for reconciliation of parts for various customer orders. The production coordinator will ensure that the materials, components, supplies, equipment and services meet manufacturing schedules. Uses production and inventory control systems and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) for analysis and decision making tasks.
The duties and responsibilities below are not exhaustive and not limited to ones listed below.
* Maintains contact with suppliers, to ensure that materials and services which are potentially late, are expedited to arrive on time and to high quality standards to meet timely shipment objective. Coordinate activity to resolve technical issues or problems that suppliers may have with engineering information.
* Perform visual inspection on incoming machined parts. To raise and maintain NCR process for MTO systems group. Handles return and credit of nonconforming material.
* Distribute incoming parts to project boxes and keep track of completeness of custom project orders. Kitting of stocked assemblies. Kitting of standard parts for various projects.
* To recommend opportunities for saving cost, improved quality and delivery and greater use of Kanban system.
* To attend production meetings to report the status of the supply chain. Advise the appropriate individuals of any deviations that effect deliveries. Provides feedback for those orders that have material or capacity conflicts.
* Keep Agile updated and assist in root cause analysis when ship dates are missed.
* Responsible for accuracy of parts within projects and cycle counting activities.
* Aid in initiating orders for manufactured parts and assemblies; create project/job packets and forwards to the shop floor for order processing.
* Responsible for consulting with and advising proper personnel on all matters pertaining to the planning for, purchase and follow up of the equipment, supplies and services for which this position is responsible.
* Reviews data entry to ensure accurate record balances; participates in reconciliations of all physical inventories.
* Revises or changes purchase orders, effects cancellations, improves terms where possible and obtains bids when required.
* Handles adjustments with vendors involving replacement of materials not conforming to purchase specifications, return of material declared surplus as a result of engineering changes, cancellations of orders, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
* Requires the ability to analyze a variety of technical problems resulting from a diversified number of items purchased.Requires mature judgment and initiative to locate proper sources of supply for machined parts and ensure deliveries will meet requirements.
* Verbal, quantitative, and technical skills normally acquired in a high school education.
* Must have some materials planning experience, normally acquired with one year of experience planning in an MRP environment.
* Team oriented. Must have good interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with outside contacts and company personnel in diverse positions and departments.
* Requires the ability to work under pressure with considerable mental application
* Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Illinois Tool WorksNorwoodMA
VIEW JOBS12/28/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-28T00:00Job Description
Hiring for Production Control Coordinator at a Top organization in Norwood!
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule.
Reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules
Conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates
Compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problem
Read Instructions such as work orders, diagrams, and wire lists to determine materials needed and sequence of assembly
Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities
Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands
Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Log in and out of work orders using computer system.
Maintain a clean, efficient work area and assist in keeping the area neat and organized
Perform different/various manufacturing related tasks as may be assigned
Strong attention to detail, accuracy, positive, professional, personable
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc.NorwoodMA