Colorado Springs , CO 80901
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Administrative Assistant supports one or more firm Principals in the administrative functions of the business unit(s).
- Relieves the Principals of administrative type functions in order to increase the time available for higher level responsibilities
- Prepares Principals monthly expense reports
- Manages Principals calendar and meetings
- Coordinates all Principals travel and preferred status
- Prepares presentations and proposals using PowerPoint and Excel
- Answers the main phone line in a timely manner
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook)
- Manages the facility; including daily walk through
- Keeps inventory and orders office supplies as needed
- Open and sort daily mail
- Log commission statements
- Coordinates Client Birthday acknowledgments
- Oversees company travel
- Manages calendars, coordinates events, conferences, seminars, meetings and travel.
- Composes memos, transcribes notes, takes dictation and prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, texts and e-mails
- Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares credit card and mileage expense reports
- Provides client support
- Coordinates internal carrier meetings
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material
- Performs other duties as assigned
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Research
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. postage machines and printers)
- Strong Marketing/Communication skills preferred
- Knowledge of benefits administration, industry trends, carrier products and services a plus
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Exceptional customer service skills and orientation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred with more than 3 years client service and/or industry and product line experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant reporting directly to senior management
The following are basic skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
- Team player that contributes to the firm's overall success
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic, goal-oriented and professional
- Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position
- Positive, optimistic approach to all people and situations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
NFP is a leading insurance broker and consulting firm that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, Retirement, Individual Insurance and Wealth Management solutions for companies, individuals and independent financial advisors. NFP has more than 3,500 employees and global capabilities. The Company has become one of the largest Insurance Brokerage, Retirement Consulting and Wealth Management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. In 2017, NFP had an annual revenue of $1.1 billion and approximately $15 million in its specialty pharmacy platform. The company is headquartered in New York, New York, with corporate offices in Chicago, Illinois and Austin.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.