Mercy McMahon Terrace is located adjacent to Mercy General Hospital in the heart of East Sacramento. By providing quality care services through its assisted living program, along with the maintenance-free lifestyle available with independent living, residents at Mercy McMahon Terrace are free to focus their energy on living their life to the fullest.
With nurses on staff for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the care at Mercy McMahon Terrace goes beyond what many senior communities can provide. For more information, visit www.mercymcmahonterrace.org.
The Activity Assistant assists the Activity Coordinator to provide group and individual activities for the residents. Duties will involve personal contact with a varying resident population and a varied work schedule that may include some weekends, evenings, and holidays. Tasks also will involve record keeping, attention to the environment, use of supplies and equipment, and maintenance of storage areas.
1.Assist with the execution and planning of activities as directed
2.Lead various activities according to the calendar
3.Be present and manage special events/celebrations
4.Do record keeping and documentation tasks.
5.Set areas up as needed for the type of activity planned.
6.Remind residents and staff of activities scheduled while encouraging participation
7.Advise care staff of residents who desire to participate.
8.Assist with escorting residents to the activity area.
9.Observe individual resident participation and responses during the activity.
10. Notify nursing of resident behaviors which may indicate medical problems.
11. Interact with care and compassion in activities according to the resident's strengths and limitations.
12. Post fliers and notices effectively and in a timely basis.
13. Be aware of individual cognitive, emotional, and psychosocial impairments.
14. Chaperon scheduled activities away from the community.
15. Help with putting up, taking down, and storing seasonal decorations.
16. Provide support to maintain a pleasant and cheerful environment.
17. Assist with other tasks as directed by the Activity Coordinator.
18. Address and stuff correspondence as needed.
19. File, distribute, post and display Photos regularly.
20. Keep activity storage areas organized.
21. Participate in and promote staff participation in facility-wide special activities such as dress-up days and special observances.
22. Attend mandatory training and meetings.
23. Attend activity department training meetings or workshops as directed.
24. Continue the activity program in the absence of the Activity Coordinator.
Completion of high school or above is preferred.
Ability to read and write at a high school level is required.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Respect for authority.
Able to work independently and follow scheduled plans.
Respect for the rights of the residents including the right to privacy and the right to make choices.
Maintains composure in stressful