Active Living Guide
Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Union City , CA 94587
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the supervision of the Resident Experience Coordinator will work with the Recreation Team and all other department staff to provide programming, opportunities, and coaching of residents to promote a Wellness atmosphere throughout the community.
- Coaches and supports residents upon move-in and those living in the community to promote a wellness lifestyle and the intrinsic benefits associated with a way of life that values growth.
- Based on assessments and participant input works with Fitness specialist to create appropriate individualized fitness programs.
- Assists in planning, developing, organizing and implementing the Recreation programs and events of this community and evaluates the overall effectiveness of the residents programs and services.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep abreast of changes and research in geriatrics.
- Participates in the planning of programs and events related to the interests of the community and the services that residents may need as per their recreation assessments. Interviews residents or family members to obtain recreation information in a private setting. Completes required documentation in accordance with Title 22.
- Assist with the development of the monthly calendar in accordance with resident therapeutic, educational and diversionary needs, state, federal and corporate criterion. Posts and communicates any changes or updates to the calendar throughout the community via Chan. 5, daily announcements, audio recording, flyers and/or digital signage.
- Orders refreshments and completes documents related to transportation/environmental requests for specific events.
- Maintains log and/or daily record regarding residents involvement in recreation programs, as appropriate.
- Maintains resident care and safety on off-campus outings
- Maintains regular attendance and arrives to work on time; completes time sheet appropriately as needed. Must be flexible with work hours.
- Attends department team meetings and in-services designated for team members.
- Cooperates and communicates with co-workers and establishes good working relationships with all departments.
- Coordinates with Nursing, Assisted Living, Compass Club, Grider, and Traditions/Memory Care staff in preparing residents to go to and from recreation programs and events.
- Will be oriented to programs in Assisted Living, Independent Living, Gym, and maybe be required to provide programming in those areas of the community as assigned.
- Supports to the Successful Aging Senior (SAS) committee in the organizing, planning and facilitating of events sponsored by the SAS committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attends/participates in inservices, workshops, and seminars to keep abreast of current changes in geriatric health care and delivery of service.
- Become acquainted with The Masonic Home Ways Four Pillars.
- Maintains inventory and keeps Recreation Manager informed of low inventory and the need for supplies and equipment.
- Manages petty cash funds used to acquire supplies for various projects and programs; return receipts and unused funds to the Business Services.
- Two years recent experience in a social or recreation program, one year of which was full time employment in providing and facilitating programs to the senior population with different dynamics and skill level in a health care setting.
- Must have well-developed Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills and ability.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in Recreation Therapy, Music Therapy, Drama Therapy, Health Science, or other health related degree preferred.
- Valid Class B Drivers License may be required as determined by the job position.
- Experience working in an OBRA and Title 22 regulated setting preferred.
- Ensures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information to assure their rights are protected.
- Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your familys well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement