Accounts Receivable Clerk
Carnegie , PA
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Accounts Receivable clerk is responsible for recording and reconciling daily cash receipts from daily bank activity to the general ledger, monthly customer invoice mailing, respond to customer inquiries, and a variety of accounting and other clerical duties. The clerk will work closely with the Accounts Receivable Specialist and the rest of the accounting team. An orientation to meeting deadlines and a focus on detail to produce quality work are critical for success in this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Record, apply and reconcile daily incoming customer cash including electronic funds transfers and lockbox deposits
- Respond to customers via telephone, email or mail related to billing questions
- Mail monthly customer invoices
- Additional clerical duties as assigned to include but not limited to assisting the following VBA employees:
- Mail Processing Coordinator handling inbound and outbound mail, UPS and package deliveries
- Data Processing Coordinator data entry of manual member enrollment changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic familiarity with accounting software programs preferred
- Efficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player as well as self-motivated and committed to excellence in the workplace
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible regarding work assignments
A partial remote working arrangement is anticipated for this position, including up to two days per week remote work and three days per week at our office in Carnegie, PA. Remote work days may vary week-to-week.
Membership in OPEIU Local No. 457 is required following 90 days of employment.
Salary: $16-$17 per hour
- Education: High school diploma required. Associates degree in accounting or related business field preferred.
- At least six months experience in a clerical position. Accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- As part of the conditional job offer, the final candidate must present proof of coronavirus vaccination or request an accommodation based on disability or bona-fide religious belief.
Full-time, permanent VBA employees receive an exceptional benefits package including:
- Health and Dental benefits with minimal employee contribution.
- Employer paid Vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance benefits. Vision plan offers generous allowances, no copays, and two materials per year for eligible employee and dependents.
- 401k employer matching up to 6% following six months of service, vesting after five years of service.
- Generous time off and leave package: ten paid holidays, including two floating holidays, as well as 4 personal days, 6 sick days, 10 vacation days, and Paid Parental Leave.