Offer Accept has partnered with a reputable construction company in search of an Accounts Payable Specialist. This opportunity offers career growth, competitive compensation, health benefits and PTO!
The Accounts Payable Specialist- Construction will provide accounts payable support to a growing real estate development operation. The Accounts Payable Specialist- Construction will work directly with the company’s Corporate Controller and CEO and play an active role in the construction accounting functions for a growing development firm handling multiple projects simultaneously.
* Route ALL incoming invoices and purchase orders to the appropriate parties for multiple entities on a daily basis.
* Work with individuals at all levels of the company including management staff who authorize invoices
* Resolve vendor inquiries and payment discrepancies
* Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms in accordance with company policy
* Experience working with Purchase Orders and AIA contracts
* Familiar with release of liens and NTOs
* Setup new vendors and maintain 1099 vendor information
* Copy and file invoices with supporting attachments.
* Assist in compiling documentation regarding Construction Draws as needed.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* 5 years experience in the construction industry required. real estate or retail/food & beverage industry a plus
* Accounting/GAAP knowledge
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access), Marksman or Sage a plus
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong initiative and ability to manager multiple projects and accounts as well as strong follow through skills
* Ability to complete projects timely and accurately
* Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
* Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines