Accounts Payable Specialist
Los Angeles , CA 90064
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Diversified Entertainment Advertising Company specializing in theatrical trailers, television and print campaigns for major studio releases seeks a Full-Time Accounts Payable Specialist.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this individual will be responsible for maintaining purchase orders logs, matching invoices and P/Os, invoice data entry and maintaining accounts payables vendor files for various divisions. The position will also have involvement in other close and accounting responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate and timely input of AP records into the system, ensuring vendor accounts are up to date, reconciled and accurately reflected in the system
- Inputs AP batches ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Audits and reviews employee expense reports
- Maintains appropriate internal controls, an up-to-date procedures manual and enforces Company employee expense policy
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for all AP matters
- Organize, circulate invoices for approval, code and enter into GL on a daily basis
- Audit and review of employee expense reports in accordance with company policies and audit corporate credit card bills and receipts to process timely payment
- Work with vendors to research and resolve vendor disputes. Perform detailed account reconciliations to ensure current standing
- Train employees on an ongoing basis for items like: expense reports, petty cash, and purchase orders
- Review W9 status and issue 1099s to vendors annually
- Reconcile GL accounts, look into variances and identify reclassifying journal entries
Abilities & Competencies
- Extremely attentive to detail a must
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Word and Outlook. Solomon (Microsoft Dynamics SL) a major plus.
- Must be organized and able to work well under pressure
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Able to actively and attentively listen
- Able to think through, evaluate, and solve problems logically and independently
- Regularly applies mathematic skills
- Strong interpersonal team skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, proof reading, grammar, punctuation and spelling
Performance of the essential functions involves the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
- Frequently typing on a keyboard
- Frequently sitting and performing deskwork
- Seeing and reading without difficulty (with or without personal corrective aides)
Educational & Experience Required
- 2-3 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
MOCEAN offers an excellent benefits package, 401(k), paid time off and holidays within a creative, fun environment.
MOCEAN will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.