Accounts Payable Specialist
Houston , TX 77002
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you possess a high level of reliability, precision and attention to detail? A rapidly growing software company in Houston area has a permanent opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist. Must have demonstrated experience in high-volume invoice processing, procure-to-pay process, advanced Excel skills and a strong understanding of data analytics.Job Responsibilities
Job Skills & QualificationsRequired
- Work directly with Project Managers and Estimators to set up project files, issue progress billings, keep up to date project job costing, change orders and status.
- Process incoming lien waivers, payments, deposits and collections.
- Answer phones
- Backup the Payroll and Accounts Payable functions and willing to assist with additional office projects that may arise. Knowledge of certified payroll reporting a big plus!
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the financial manager.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Associate's degree in accounting with relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills