Memphis , TN 38120
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Accounting SupervisorWho are we?
Clients turn to HORNE for the foresight, straight talk, and collaboration needed to navigate the challenges of growth, regulatory compliance, and risk mitigation. HORNE is decidedly a different CPA and advisory firm who goes beyond traditional accounting services, steering clients through the uncertainties and opportunities ahead.What are we looking for?
Were looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join our Financial Institutions team in one of our offices across the Southeast. The HORNE Financial Institutions group serves banks and credit unions doing internal/external audits, tax, and consulting engagements.Day in the life:
What do we require?
- Strong project management skills
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising projects and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of projects, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Resolves accounting and consulting problems as they arise.
- Provides supervision and the on-the-job training to staff assigned to project.
- Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensures that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates projects progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to Managers, Senior Managers, or Partners.
- Reviews with Manager or Partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Prepares or reviews financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters, and tax returns for later discussion between Manager or Partner and the client.
- Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as greeters for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
- Develops relationships with clients and provides high quality client service. Adding value to clients businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Begins to learn cross-selling opportunities and refer those opportunities to more qualified professionals.
- Accepts responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Performance Advisor or direct Supervisor proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Assists in marketing and promoting the Firm.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in public accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity and number of projects managed
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting, or degree appropriate to practice area
- Current and valid CPA license strongly preferred. If not currently a CPA, the ideal candidate must be CPA eligible and working toward obtaining licensure by taking and passing applicable state CPA exam
- If CPA, must be a member in good standing with the AICPA and respective state societies
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice group
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off plus a floating holiday
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexibility to work remotely from time to time
This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.