Accounting Senior Manager
Monte Rosa Therapeutics
Cambridge , MA
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled accounting professional to be part of a growing Finance team. In this high impact role, you will lead key day-to-day financial operations and compliance functions. You will be responsible for the month-end close process and reporting, and partner with the Controller, Swiss Accounting Manager, and cross-functional leaders to drive continuous improvement in financial operations. This is an opportunity for a resourceful finance leader to develop and implement systems, processes, and internal controls to support a high-growth innovative organization.
- Responsible for all accounting operations including A/P, A/R, Payroll as well as managing a small team of direct report(s)
- Accountability and hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters:
- Manage GL, including period-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, P&L review, etc.)
- Prepare/release bi-weekly payroll process and serve as a resource for related compliance matters
- Help maintain consolidation for all entities and manage related matters with outsourced providers domestically as well as for foreign subsidiary (based in Switzerland)
- Partner with the Controller in developing policies and interpretation of GAAP guidance for key accounting and reporting areas as needed
- Assist with FP&A to develop and maintain framework for reporting and analysis
- Contribute to development, implementation and documentation new accounting policies and procedures to scale within the organization.
- Help establish, monitor, and enforce internal policies, procedures, and controls
- Support and coordinate preparation for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting
- Build and develop an accounting team with a strong customer service orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a combination of in public accounting and industry experience in publicly traded companies.
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Prendio and ADP
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience developing internal controls and driving implementation of policies and procedures.
- Experience with review and preparation of financial statements; corporate, payroll and sales tax filings and requirements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process in a setting requiring consolidations, multiple subsidiaries, including international.
- Experience managing and developing staff.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.