Pleasanton , CA 94588
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About Vector Atomic
Vector Atomic is hiring a hands-on Accounting Manager with deep expertise in Deltek CostPoint and government contracting. Ideal candidates are: (a) proficient in all aspects of federal government accounting, payroll, financial planning, internal and external reporting, tax compliance, and government contracts; (b) detail-oriented and highly organized in their accounting practices; (c) able to convey accounting details and concepts to their team and non-accountants.(c) able to identify and implement processes to improve efficiency, add accountability, and reduce costs; (d) thrive in a dynamic R&D environment, adding structure to our organization while maintaining our get-it-done culture.
What You'll Do
- Execute accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue recognition.
- Generate financial status reports for projects; prepare and submit invoices to government customers via WAWF and IPP.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual corporate financial statements.
- Prepare and submit provisional and final indirect rate proposals to DCAA.
- Respond to DCAA auditor requests for information.
- Proactively identify and remediate issues while implementing process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Ensure that accounting policies and procedures comply with the requirements of GAAP, DCAA, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and its associated supplements.
- Proven experience as an Accounting Manager or Financial Controller.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Deltek CostPoint software including GL, Billings, AP, Projects, Materials, and Time & Expense.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Extensive knowledge cost accounting for service in a government-contracting environment.
- Detailed understanding of all types of government contracts, including CPFF and FFP.
- Strong time management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and work-flow.
- US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) required by US export control laws.
This position requires 90% onsite work. Vector Atomic adheres to all state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety protocols.
Vector Atomic values teamwork, open and honest discourse, and work-life balance. We are an employee-owned company with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Platinum-level family health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- 20 days of paid time off / 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Stock ownership plan
- Fully stocked kitchen
Vector Atomic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Vector Atomic does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.