Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Accounting Manager - Thriving Performing Arts Nonprofit
Brett Fisher Group
Sonoma , CA 95476
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our rapidly growing 501c3 performing arts and educational outreach client is seeking a rising Accounting Manager to join a small, entrepreneurial team. This newly-created, hands-on role will perform general accounting duties, monthly reporting, and improve processes and procedures as the company enters its next stage of growth. Upon successful demonstration of success in the role, you will have the opportunity to grow with the company through enhanced responsibility. This is a great opportunity to engage with an organization that has made a significant economic impact on the community over the past 7 years and is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to transition into a management level position within the nonprofit world.
What Youll Tackle:
- Perform day-to-day accounting including bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, weekly wires, check writing, payroll, AP, AR, and bank deposits.
- Supervise team in performing day-to-day accounting and reporting support functions.
- Perform and evolve the financial reporting process.
- Integrate existing disparate accounting and POS systems and evaluate new systems to increase productivity and reporting efficiency.
- Serve as primary communication to external parties with regard to all financial-related inquiries; research in real-time, and respond efficiently.
- Set up employees and independent contractors. Manage year-end reporting.
- Help create or enhance accounting policies and procedures.
- Support financial audit and liaise with outside CPA for tax return filing.
- Collaborate with the executive team, board of directors and consultants on the delivery of reports.
- Perform other work as may be assigned
Whats Needed to Win
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related
- 5+ years of accounting experience (public accounting with nonprofit clients strongly preferred); experience in a small, entrepreneurial environment, and preferably coming from a similar role (a strong plus)
- At least 2 years of management or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of reporting requirements for 501c3 organizations
- CPA or CPA in progress, a plus
- Proficiency with financial systems (QuickBooks Online, Abacus) and related integrations
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Hands-on, roll up your sleeves, positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic working environment.