Denver , CO 80202
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SolRiver Capital is seeking a Accounting Manager to develop and manage the accounting for SolRivers myriad of operating solar projects.
The Accounting Manager must have a solid general accounting background, including understanding GAAP, tax, and financial reporting. The role is much more about determining how to characterize complex transactions on our financial statements, and less about bookkeeping. It also requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment and exercise key analytical & business process skills.
ABOUT SOLRIVER CAPITAL
SolRiver Capital is a rapidly growing solar investment fund focused on acquiring and operating distributed generation and utility scale projects. Founded in 2016 by solar and storage finance experts, SolRiver utilizes an innovative yet disciplined investment approach to acquire clean energy assets across the country. We began with a single $3MM system, and four years later we have projects in 8 different states, with $200MM to deploy over the next twelve months. A key to our success is a small, talented, hard- working team. Our ethos is an entrepreneurial culture of ownership, problem-solving, and continuous improvement.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record transactions for proper accounting, tax, and other financial implications in accordance with GAAP
- Reporting: develop monthly & annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP; year-end audit assistance, support of budget & forecast activities, and preparation of various forms/reports for daily operations
- Develop policies and procedures to track large construction contracts which require daily and weekly field audits (construction contractor) of milestones.
- Prepare and review complex journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations including but not limited to prepaids, receivables, fixed assets, payables and accruals, and various operating expenses.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytics.
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Must have confidence and experience to lead self-directed projects.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Must be detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to identify discrepancies and independently perform research of causes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Entrepreneurial mindset seek to build procedures and continuously improve