Morgan & Morgan
Birmingham , AL 35201
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Morgan & Morgan, the work we do matters. For millions of Americans, were the last line of defense against big companies that will trample anyone in their path to make a quick buck. From attorneys to client support staff to the marketing and web teams, every member of our firm has a key role to play in the fight for consumer rights.
Its a fight we are winning, having recovered more than $7 billion for hundreds of thousands of people.
Our 3,000 employees are all united by one mission: For The People. Were not just another law firm. Theres only one Morgan & Morgan, and well say it again the work we do matters.
So, are you ready to join the fight?
We are looking to hire a Accounting Manager to join our growing firm.
Successful candidates will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting including but not limited to the following:
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Overseeing the Birmingham, Alabama office
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Responsible for calculation of bonuses, monthly financials, and monthly journal entries
- Addressing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end preparation, bank reconciliation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- At least 3 years of proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Bonus incentives
- Great opportunities for advancement and career growth