Topeka , KS 66606
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Foust Fleet LeasingJob Title:
Accounting ManagerJob Classification:
Non-exempt, Full-TimeReporting Relationship:
Chief Executive OfficerPrimary Accountabilities:
The Accounting Manager oversees functions in accounting within Foust Fleet Services, LLC (FFS) and performs the following duties personally or through tasks delegated to employees.Major Duties:
- Prepares and maintains accounts by reconciling ten (10) checking accounts per month and balancing internal accounts at the end of each month.
- Ensures account accuracy by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, following policies and procedures and ensuring that all information is kept confidential.
- Sets up and monitors customer ACH payments.
- Assists with the processing of bi-weekly payroll which includes administering all proper deductions.
- Assists with the processing of weekly loan payments and loan payoffs.
- Prepares, files and submits payment for federal, state and payroll taxes for six (6) employees, and prepares all property tax payments.
- Assists with tags and taxes during fleet renewal time (May).
- Performs general clerical functions which include scheduling, copying, faxing, data entry and filing.
- Reviews all work for accuracy and completeness, following up on all details as assigned.
- Answers incoming telephone calls for the purpose of screening and transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Greets employees, visitors and guests in person or via telephone for the purpose of providing information, taking messages and/or directing to appropriate personnel.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field preferred, or equivalent experience in Accounting or related field
- At least one (1) year of experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable is required.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filing, faxing and processing paperwork.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to professional integrity.
- Able to execute on multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities.
- Take initiative to work through issues without requiring constant supervision.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.