Headwind Consumer Products
Lincoln , NE 68501
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of accounting management and human resource support related tasks, with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Must have a positive attitude, extremely well organied, flexible and enjoy working in a busy office of diverse people 18 minutes SE of Lincoln.
- Participate in budget preparation, adherence, and analysis
- Summarize current financial information and prepare internal and external reports in particular; monthly balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows
- Be prepared to offer insights and recommendations to management based on analysis and interpretation of financial accounting data
- Ensure company complies with applicable laws and regulations through research and interpretation of accounting policy and local, state and federal regulations and advise management of actions required
- Exercise due diligence and adherence to internal controls procedures, monitor and assess internal controls and recommend policies and procedures that enhance the accounting systems and safeguards physical assets
- Collaborate with management in writing and reviewing company policies and working practices and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- May guide others by mentoring and coordinating accounting activities
- Collaborate with outside CPA firm for the preparation of the annual tax return and related activities
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of payables, receivables, and financing activities
- Prepare general ledger accounting entries
- Resonsible for inventory accounting
- Reconcile general ledger accounts by analyzing source documents and related account information
- Administer payroll and employee benefits programs such as life and health insurance, retirement plan, PTO, etc.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard confidential information regarding all company affairs
- Maintain professional technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies
Other roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain safe and clean working environment.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Take instructions from general manager.
Knowledge and understanding of accounting and human resources regulations, laws, best practices and principles. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Relies on judgement and experience to plan and accomplish goals. Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to read, write, maintain records, sort, check, count, verify numbers, and prepare administrative paperwork and reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with ERP systems and highly skilled in use of MS Excel and Word.
Bachelors Degree in business, accounting or related field, plus 5-7 years accounting experience and 2 years human resources experience preferred.
Computer, email, Sage 100 (MAS 90), online banking, ADP payroll system, benefits administration experience, EDI Interface experience a plus.