Accounting Manager (F/M/D)
New York , NY 10001
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Spark Networks SE is a leading global dating company with a widening portfolio of premium & freemium apps. These brands include Zoosk, EliteSingles, JDate, Christian Mingle, eDarling, JSwipe, Attractive World and Silver Singles, to name a few! Formed in 2017 through the merger of Affinitas GmbH and Spark Networks, Inc., the company has a presence in 29 countries worldwide and is publicly listed on the NYSE American exchange under the ticker symbol LOV. The company continues its steady growth and we are now looking to strengthen our Accounting Team with an Accounting Manager (f/m/d) at our New York office to assist us with the monthly close.
The Accounting Manager will join a team of approximately 9 and report to the Corporate Controller.
As an Accounting Manager, your mission will be to:
- Manage all areas relating to the monthly close and ensure appropriate internal control procedures.
- Maintain accounting policies, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Address SEC deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger review, account analysis, interim and year-end audit preparation and business support.
- Managing accounting and general ledger activities for Spark Networks SEs US group to ensure an accurate monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Supervising the general ledger group to ensure all monthly financial reporting deadlines are met
- Preparing and reviewing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Analyzing month-end fluctuations in general ledger accounts
- Assistance in preparing monthly internal reporting for internal leadership
- Coordinating with external auditors to complete half-year reviews and annual financial statement audits in a timely manner
- Advising staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
- Responding to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and other company wide managers regarding financial results and finance related initiatives
- Working with the Accounting team and other key areas of the business to adopt best practices and support internal control documentation of these processes
- Performing internal controls in accordance with the Companys SOX assessment
- Providing training to new and existing staff as needed
Competencies we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work cross-functionally and globally
- Strong work ethic and comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to lead direct reports
- Self-motivated, organized, with ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Team player
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA is required
- 4+ years at public accounting firm or 5+ years of Accounting Manager experience
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP; experience with IFRS a plus
- Understanding of SOX
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or SAP is a plus
- Experience with a digital media and/or online subscription-based company
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental & vision insurance
- Life services
- Travel assistance
- 13.5 holidays p.a.
- Reimbursement for related transit and parking fees for work purposes
See why Spark Networks employees love where they work: check out our Glassdoor reviews and kununu reviews!
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!