Accounting Manager (Cpa Preferred)
Consultative Search Group
Downtown Los Angeles , CA 90071
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A global professional services firm is currently seeking a Global Financial Accounting Manager to join their dynamic team.
- Managing, training, and coaching the Financial Accounting Staff and leading them in their professional development endeavors. Organizing, assigning, delegating and coordinating the work of the staff to ensure department objectives are met timely and accurately.
- Generating performance evaluations, and recommending salary increases. Also working with HR to recruit, select, train, and coach, employees.
- Implementing the firms accounting policies and providing guidance with regards to accounting transactions.
- Managing all accounting activities to ensure compliance with statuary requirements of all countries where the firm is located.
- Leading the process for the monthly close as well as maintenance of all accounting ledgers including monthly review of all account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Managing the preparation of all financial reports, including profit and loss statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows, as well as the year-end financial reports.
- Ensuring timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets; provides corrective action recommendations to management, where necessary.
- Managing general accounting processes and reports of all entities such as inter-company, fixed assets, accounting, and financial.
- Preparing tax schedules and coordinating tax work papers for the tax group.
- Reviewing and ensuring completion of all balance sheet reconciliations. Communicating findings to senior management as necessary.
- Working with internal and external auditors during reviews and auditing to ensure full cooperation from accounting staff and compliance with all qualified requests.
A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business or related field is required and an MBA or CPA is preferred. Seven (7) years related experience in a professional services environment, five (5) years related experience managing General Ledger Accounting and four (4) years supervisory/management experience is desired. Occasional travel is required. Strong knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office and Microsoft Excel is required.