Cordia Partners & Resources is a locally owned Finance and Accounting Executive Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by former Chief Financial Officers, Accounting Firm Partners and Recruiting Industry Experts. With three local offices (Washington, DC; Vienna, VA and Rockville, MD) we are effectively positioned to support any size or location of local client. We support the growth of your organization through effective delivery of high quality, cost-effective accounting, business advisory, and recruiting partnerships. One of Cordia's many exciting clients - a capitalized, fast-growth start-up based in Washington, DC - is adding an Accounting Manager to their growing finance/accounting team. This position is due to growth.... and it is growth that this person should expect!
In this role, you will be involved with:
Manage all financial reporting and monthly close
Lead accounting operations (G/L, A/R, A/P, and Billing)
Participate in ad-hoc financial analysis projects
Manage month-end cash reconciliation process
Support external auditors during year-end audit process
Help create and maintain outstanding internal controls
Assist and drive revenue/expense recognition process
What experience/credentials our client prefers:
B.S. in Accounting
Three or more (3+) years of relevant experience (technology, start-up, or auditing)
Should be confidential, comfortable and knowledgeable within MS Excel
Should be interested in fast-growth culture, be a true team-minded professional, exhibit "hands-on" attitude at all times....... and enjoy the ride!
VIEW JOBS1/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-10T00:00Position: Accounting Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Firm Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for producing timely and accurate financial statements and processing payroll. The ideal candidate will be hands on, while continuously improving processes and efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervising the Accounting / Finance functions
* Preparation of timely and accurate financial statements
* Review of Accounts Payable and Monthly Reconciliations
* Ensure timely billing by our business groups
* Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to identify, evaluate and resolve their issue
* Provide exceptional customer service while handling several competing priorities
* Assist in year-end reporting and audit preparation
* Assist in the preparation of both yearly budgets and forecasts
* Create, document, and implement accounting policies and procedures
* Process semi-monthly multiple state Payroll
* Strong payroll skills in a multi-state environment
* Registering in additional states to support our marketing growth strategy
* Partnering with our Benefit Broker on handling Employee Benefits issues
* Ensuring the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
* Implementing improved functionality from our HRIS system to increase productivities
* Supervising our Administrative function
* Liaison between our Business groups and Corporate Insurance providers
* Manage the relationship with our landlord and some other key vendors
* Administering our Corporate Amex program
* BS in Accounting
* 5+ years of professional experience in a professional service organization
* Supervisory experience preferred
* Strong knowledge of financial systems and concepts in the areas of financial reporting, key performance indicators (KPIs) and business workflows
* Strong leadership and effective communication skills
* Attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and strategic thinking
* Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with the following:
* Report Writing
* Basic SQL
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Microsoft Dynamics GP or Intact with Bill.com
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract. Tate & Tryon is an at-will employer.
Tate & TryonWashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS1/3/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-03T00:00<p><strong>Who We Are</strong></p> <p>We are a team of agency veterans, startup nerds, former political operatives, and craigslist enthusiasts. Our people are trusted by the biggest brands in the world to turn their message into an experience. We have worked with tech giants, major non-profits, issue/advocacy campaigns and national media outlets. Our team works hard and smart. We care about each other and our clients. An agency can only succeed if it has the information it needs to make smart business decisions, which is why we need talented people like you to help us continue to grow. </p> <p><strong>What's the Job? </strong></p> <p>We’re looking for a top notch accountant to join our Finance and Accounting team. The Accounting Manager oversees all accounting activities including accounts receivable and cash receipts, collections, accounts payable, and the month-end accounting close. Able to maintain the general ledger, prepare for the year-end audit, and prepare timely and accurate financial reports. Works closely with customers from operating departments and assists Managing Director of Finance with special projects.</p><p><br></p><p><strong>Essential Job Responsibilities and Requirements:</strong></p><ul> <li>Experience managing accounting staff </li> <li>Oversee A/P and A/R </li> <li>Manage general ledger maintenance and reconciliation </li> <li>Prepare and review monthly schedules and journal entries </li> <li>Prepare and review bank reconciliations </li> <li>Prepare and review audit schedules </li> <li>Manage the resolution of A/R, A/P, and payment exceptions in a timely manner </li> <li>Support office management as needed</li> <li>Other duties, special projects or reporting as assigned</li> <li>Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills </li> <li>Demonstrated management and organizational skills</li> <li>Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with a high level of confidentiality</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field</li> <li>5 years public or private accounting experience in a general ledger environment</li> <li>2 years supervisory experience with 2 or more direct reports in an accounting environment </li> <li>CPA preferred</li> <li>The successful candidate must complete a background check</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>Collaborative and creative work environment.</li> <li>Competitive base salaries with team-based bonuses</li> <li>100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees</li> <li>Commuter benefits</li> <li>Free food. Stocked fridge, tons of coffee, weekly team lunches and dogs</li> <li>Unlimited vacation policy with approval</li> </ul>Advoc8WashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS1/7/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-07T00:00Job Description
Has responsibility and supervision of the accounting for income taxes and related regulatory assets/liabilities determined in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC Topics 740 and 980, et. al.). Evaluates transactions and events to determine the tax treatment and the impact on income taxes reported in the financial statements and in regulatory filings. Participates in and/or supervises the preparation of the Company's Income Tax returns, as well as the consolidated return.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Supervises the process to maintain records and controls supporting the Company's deferred tax balances including appropriate system upgrades and process improvements for the development of tax basis balance sheets and reconciliation of deferred taxes in financial reports and filed returns. Establishes the appropriate procedures to optimize the process.
* Maintains the comprehensive accrual system pursuant to ASC Topic 740 that facilitates rapid turnaround of tax calculations while maintaining the appropriate links between the tax accrual system and the accounting system.
* Supervises and trains staff in the use of the new ASC Topic 740 tax accounting system and establishes procedures to optimize the accrual process.
* Coordinates work processes with others both inside and outside the department to accomplish monthly provision amounts and the required reporting of income taxes for financial and regulatory purposes.
* Works with the Tax Project Manager Research to properly interpret and record the tax provision associated complex accounting transactions.
* Maintains technical knowledge base with respect to (1) the non-regulated operational aspects of the Company (2) all recorded accounting transactions and their implication on tax accounting (3) energy industry trends and (4) multi-jurisdictional retail rate issues in order to perform the duties associated with this position.
* Instructs and coaches staff to build and enhance technical tax knowledge in the areas of accounting and compliance.
Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
* 7 year's relevant business experience.
* Two years of supervisory or team leadership experience preferred.
* CPA preferred.
* Extensive knowledge of accounting for income taxes under ASC 740.
* Strong technical tax skills including tax research and preparation of tax returns.
* Specialized knowledge of regulated utility tax accounting is desired.
* Must possess and demonstrate keen insight and strong analytical ability.
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger and Query.
* Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners.
* Ability to effectively evaluate multiple scenarios and to assist in implementing effective solutions to broadly defined business problems.
* Ability to communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled