Publicly traded global firm seeks an Accounting Manager to join their Los Angeles team.
Timely preparation and recording of monthly financial closing entries (accruals, distributions/contributions, fees for services, etc), many of which will require a strong understanding of investment fund and management entity structures
Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and supporting schedules for assigned entities, including interface with JV partners and investment accounting departments
Prepare and review monthly forecasts of revenues, expenses and net cash flows through direct engagement with budget owners for assigned entities
Prepare and Update work paper and roll forward schedules to support quarterly reviews and the year-end audit
Create dashboards and presentations for executive stakeholders on performance
Act as a subject matter expert (SME) to analyze and record activity for transactions within the Company Capital structure and related investments
Liaise with other Corporate departments regarding major transactions, reporting and funding needs (i.e., Treasury, FP&A, Investor Relations)
Document and update policies and procedures.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in analysis
Assist Director of FP&A on special projects related to Company Capital
Bachelors degree with emphasis in Accounting/Finance, CPA Preferred
3+ years of experience with a Big 4 or National public accounting firm (a mix of corporate or private equity experience preferred)
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (VLook-up, Pivot Tables, Macros, Financial Modeling, etc.)
Experience with Oracle and TM1 systems is preferred
VIEW JOBS11/19/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-17T00:00<p>Publicly traded real estate firm seeks an Accounting Manager to join their dynamic team. The position will handle SEC reporting and the internal control analysis process for the company.<br /><br />RESPONSIBILITIES: <br /><br /></p><ul><li>The month end, quarter end, and year end close process. </li><li>SEC reporting - 10Q, 10K</li><li>Internal reporting and analysis of consolidated results to management</li><li>Quarterly reporting and analysis for the Board of Directors </li><li>SOX 404 internal control testing and analysis </li><li>Reconciling general ledger accounts and generate adjusting journal entries to ensure accurate financial statements</li><li>Audits and quarterly reviews with independent auditors</li></ul><p> </p><p>QUALIFICATIONS:<br /><br /></p><ul><li>3-5 years of accounting experience required. 3 years public accounting experience in “Big Four” or National CPA firm preferred. </li><li>CPA Preferred</li><li>Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required. </li></ul>Consultative Search GroupLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Job Summary
* Prepare, review and reconcile daily postings, accruals, various general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure accurate financial information is available.
* Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze various financial reports and statements to provide accurate, timely information to management, corporate and the owners.
* Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze period-end data on food and beverage costs and inventories (gift shop where applicable) to provide information and recommendations to management on current procedures and controls. Assist with the preparation of cost potentials as required
* Supervise the accounts receivable function and perform the hotel's credit/collection and food & beverage control function to ensure accurate, timely and quality service and support to hotel customers and management.
* Review and monitor internal control procedures in the hotel. Areas included are Food & Beverage, Cashiering, Room Operations, etc
Los Angeles California
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer. Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & ResortLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS11/7/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-05T00:00A career in our Specialised Tax Services practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.Our team helps our clients achieve year to year consistency that leaves them in full compliance and with optimal cash savings. You'll help our clients identify qualifying cash tax savings and refund opportunities as well as gauging the impact of deductions and credits on the effective tax rate.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Thorough knowledge of accounting methods studies, revenue recognition issues, areas of deduction, and experience preferred with FAS 109 and compliance. Considerable knowledge of inventory, including LIFO.
Comprehensive technical skills, including identifying appropriate accounting methods, the tax analyses of timing of income, revenue and deductions, cost capitalization and revenue recognition. Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.PwcLos AngelesCA