Accounting Manager & Confidential Bookkeepers
Los Angeles , CA 90012
Posted 3 weeks ago
Position Description: Accounting Manager
Rockpoint Legal Funding is looking for a high performing Accounting Manager with the ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems while managing multiple projects in a timely manner. This person should have the drive and desire to research and resolve variances and provide detailed financial reports. They are also a team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, open office environment. This individual must be able to handle confidential information in a mature and discreet manner. You must be able to implement and recommend policy and process changes.
- Prepare financial statements and analysis for the whole of the company
- Manage and supervise accounting department employees; responsible for day-to-day supervision and leadership
- Maintain and oversee all accounting procedures and processes
- Follow and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Record and research all financial information for analysis
- Oversee budget reports, preparation of budgets, and analysis of budgets
- Document and interpret complicated financial information for managers, executives, and C-Suite executives
- Advise on the procedures and financial management as well as developing policies
- Oversee financial reports for stockholders, taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to company finance
- Audit accounting and finance departments
- Forecast and plans according to fiscal needs
- Managing independent auditors audit process
- Other duties and projects assigned by senior management members
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Software - Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems timely; Gathers and analyzes information
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; good listener, with a friendly disposition
- Communication - Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational - Good time management skill; Follows the companys rules, values, and goals
- Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives consistently at work, meetings, and appointments on time.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; willingness to make ethical decisions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license and public accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage employees, while multi-tasking large projects
TO APPLY: Please be prepared to submit references during the interview process and offer of employment is contingent upon completing a background check by a third-party.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very well-capitalized organization and make a positive career impacting move. We are a tight-knit group and are looking for our next superstar team member. If you find the world of fast-paced start-up companies appealing, this position may be the perfect fit for you.
Rockpoints Core Values:
- Creating a Supportive Team Environment
- Ownership & Accountability
- Acting Ethically and with Integrity
We are an (EEO) equal opportunity employer and provide opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy), gender expression, gender identity or sexual orientation, military and veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability. Employment is offered based on skill, experience and the criteria for the position.
Benefits: Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 529 College Saving Plan, 401(k) matching, Charity contribution match, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, snack & beverage bar, PTO and Holidays.