Somis , CA 93066
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Beeflow is a biotech startup company that leverages scientific knowledge and technology to improve the impact of ecosystem services in agriculture. Beeflow creates and manages pollination programs for farmers with the goal of consistently increasing crop yields. The company combines scientific knowledge of crop pollination, bee biology & behavior and chemical ecology with proprietary technologies including molecules that help train bees to pollinate specific crops and a plant-based bee diet that enhances bees immune system. This novel approach to pollination management allows growers to produce more with less.
Based in California and with operations across the US West Coast, Mexico, Peru and Argentina, Beeflow closed an $8.3M Series A in May 2021 with Ospraie Ag Sciences, Future Ventures, Vectr Ventures, Jeff Wilke (former CEO of Worldwide Consumer at Amazon), SOSV and others. Beeflows team of experts includes biologists, ecologists, entomologists, agronomists, and entrepreneurs.
For more information about Beeflow, please visit www.beeflow.com.
About the role
The Accounting Manager of Beeflow ensures the accounting records and financial processes are accurate and timely. This position provides critical financial information to support the VP Finance, Executive Staff, investors and the Board of Directors. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, fixed assets, general ledger maintenance, financial statements and special project accounting. This position ensures Beeflow is compliant with accounting and tax regulations across all departments and filings.
- Hands on processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Tracking of fixed assets.
- Management of quarterly physical inventory.
- Perform all duties as assigned in a timely, accurate and professional manner. Respond to all clients and users of financial information with the highest level of service. Work as a member of the finance team and of the larger organization.
- Establish, document, and implement policies, processes, procedures and internal controls pertaining to all aspects of the Accounting Department.
- Assure accuracy of all general ledger activity, including reconciliations of all necessary general ledger accounts, and review of general ledger activity.
- Provide timely financial statement reporting.
- Work with the VP of Finance in related areas including risk management, insurance, taxes and business planning.
- Maintain automated accounting systems to ensure integrity of data interfaced between the financial system (QuickBooks Online), Bill.com (AP), Expensify (Employee Expense Reporting) and Gusto (Payroll).
- Develop and maintain active relationships with accounting firms, banks, investment managers, and other key suppliers of financial services.
- Facilitate and coordinate the organizations annual audits. Manage the preparation of audit schedules and requests.
- Oversee development of a cash flow analysis and forecast of cash needs.
- Manage daily operating cash requirements, including short-term operating investments.
- Research tax issues related to the organization and its operations to ensure compliance
- Interface with Beeflow international staff on accounting and finance issues and procedures.
- 5+ years proven experience.
- 4-year degree in accounting and a CPA designation preferred.
- Must possess exceptional technical skills and strong communication skills.
- Must have a broad background in automation with expertise in accounting and financial application software. Experience with QuickBooks Online, Bill.com and Expensify are required. Experience with Gusto Payroll is preferred.
- Candidate must be based in California
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance for the employee and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Performance Compensation Opportunities
- A hybrid work schedule that combines in-person and remote models, creating a flexible environment, where you can alternate time in the office with remote work.
- Specific opportunities for growth: semi-annual performance evaluations to detect opportunities for improvement and continuous feedback
- In-company Spanish classes
- Access to training, congresses and/or events related to the role