New York , NY 10018
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Armand Corporation is an award-winning construction management firm that has managed public projects in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania for over 27 years. We are currently looking for a full-time Accounting Manager to join our new corporate headquarters in NYC. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will supervise, track, and evaluate the day-to-day functions of the department. Responsibilities will include monitoring general accounting practices, maintaining internal controls, and assisting in building a strong Accounting team. We are also looking for someone to work closely with our Construction and Program Management teams. The ideal individual will be self-motivated, professional, and able to execute tasks with the utmost accuracy.
This position will report to our Midtown Manhattan office, but may require travel to other locations as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles; improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Review and approve invoices for proper GL account selection, authorization for purchases or billing; resolve accounting issues with vendors, clients, and subcontractors.
- Review accounts payable (AP) transactions to ensure timely completion of the AP cycle, including check runs, timely vendor payments, etc.
- Assist with monthly closing of the general ledger, review of journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions for annual audit; respond to requests from external Independent Auditors.
- Monitor running balances of bank accounts to prevent overdraft; transfer funds among accounts to meet payments for vendor invoices and payroll as needed; request stop payment and maintain void check log.
- Ensure that payments for reimbursable operational expenses are properly coded to matching revenue accounts.
- Supervise/prepare invoices for reimbursable expenses for submission to clients.
- Support Project Management and Contracts teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Prepare reports for CEO and CFO, clients, and outside agencies as requested.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required, advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of accounting experience; preferably combined with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Understanding of Construction Accounting and ability to review and reconcile payment breakdowns are required.
- Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a prerequisite for the position; and experience with standard accounting software packages, specifically Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) is a plus.
- Experience in complex web-based contract management, document management, or project management systems (e.g. Primavera, Elation Systems, or equivalent) is a plus.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to work independently as well.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Armand provides a full benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, personal time off, sick time, paid holidays, and commuter benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.