Edison , NJ 08817
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Manager Accounting & Administration will report to the Assistant Controller and will ensure all accounting, finance, and other administrative functions are executed in an accurate and timely fashion for several divisions.
A key member of the Albireo team, the Manager - Accounting & Administration will be responsible for:
- Preparing GAAP-compliant financial statements and ensuring an accurate and timely month-end close process.
- Providing meaningful financial information and analysis to Albireo Corporate and local Management.
- Supporting annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting activities and variance analysis.
- Ensuring transaction processing systems are properly maintained, proper authorization controls are followed, and accurate data is entered into the local ERP system.
- Assisting in development and implementation of new procedures, including implementation of new ERP system, to improve performance and controls within the local accounting department.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Business with emphasis in Accounting required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years accounting work experience, with several years working in the commercial construction industry strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable in working within a small staff and wear many hats when the need arises.
- Must be able to supervise, train, and coach 3-4 team members and interact with other divisions, Operations and Upper Management in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be very familiar with construction accounting practices such as percentage of completion accounting, ECAC processes, and the ability to analyze revenue recognition results.
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP highly desirable. Proven experience with systems conversions, testing and troubleshooting systems issues highly desirable. Advanced excel skills required.
- CPA and or CMA professional certification or progress towards attaining, preferred but not required.
- Proven track record of adding value to businesses beyond a number crunching role.Information technology experience, particularly within an ERP environment preferred.
- A fierce desire to succeed, set and attain tough goals, and the ability to build enthusiasm within others in the organization.
- Must be a doer and thinker, both tactical and strategic. Be willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into reconciliations one day and make a presentation to the Board of Directors the next.
- Provide monthly financials in accordance with Albireo reporting standards.
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting including in-depth analysis of sales, cost of sales, and operating expenses. Assists in providing useful information to senior management to drive the business to achieve goals.
- Adjust and adapt as circumstances change. Be comfortable in a rapidly growing company.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain sound accounting and financial practices and procedures and strive to present accurate, factual reports across Albireo.
- Handle other administrative duties as needed. Provide audit and tax support.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match