SME Inc USA
Wilmington , NC 28412
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Since 1992, SME, Inc. USA has taken great pride in our industry-wide reputation as the nation's premier source for everything therapy. As a leader in our market, we are strategically looking to invest in an accountant with an industry background or related experience, extensive knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise accounting and bookkeeping, and inventory management and reporting experience.
As a part of SMEs accounting function, the controller will serve to manage the finance and accounting operations of the company including but not limited to: internal controls, budgeting, recording and reporting, and compliance of the company.
Long-term, the controller will also have a path to an executive management position within the company.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with the companys accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Develop and manage the production of budgets and forecasts
- Maintain and improve internal controls over financial reporting and other financial risks
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all departments, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Complete and present timely and complete financial statements to management
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Manage and supervise accounting staff. The team is expected 4 to 6 direct reports including one or more individuals in each of the following positions:
* Accounts Receivable Clerk
* Accounts Payable Clerk
* Administrative Support
* Customer Service
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years proven accounting experience
- Strong understanding of inventory management for a wholesale business model.
- QuickBooks Enterprise experience
- 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Preference will be given to candidates who are Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant and for candidates with management experience.
- Medical and Dental benefits available after 90 days of service. (Employee only responsible for $69.90 per paycheck)
- Two weeks of PTO available beginning 1/1/20. Three weeks after 10 years of service.
- Major Holidays are paid.
- A fully vested 401k plan available after 1 year of service and then enter on July 1 or Jan 1 only. SME (safe harbor) contributes 3% of gross salary per paycheck to employees 401k regardless if they defer any money. Roth option is available for employee contribution.
- A SME Profit Sharing program is available with the same entry requirements as the 401k. A lump sum payment is made each year for the previous year directly into the employees 401k plan.
- Leave your footprint at the company through continued honing and improving of internal controls and financial processes.
- Work closely with the executives of the company.