into A/P to ensure accuracy and proper account numbers.
2.Responsible for sorting, filing, processing for payment and batching of processed
invoices according to payment terms and methods.
3.Responsible for the reconciliation of credit card and expense report clearing
accounts through auditing and review of credit card statements.
4.Assists in reconciling accounts payable accounts.
5.Accrue sales tax for all out of state vendors, when necessary.
6.Track and process inventory items for the business.
7.Support month end closing tasks as needed.
8.Manage weekly check runs including processing of check requests, matching checks
to invoices, securing all required approver signatures, distribution and notification
to General Manager.
9.Manage and maintain 1099 reporting process.
10. Respond to all vendor inquiries as appropriate.
11. Maintain and process intermittent reports as required (DMV registrations, MCP
permits, CHP BIT program, etc.).
12. Onboarding; process paperwork for new-hires and re-hires; submit and maintain
e-Verify eligibility for multiple locations; submit and maintain reporting to EDD for
new-hires (multiple locations).
13. Verification of employment; EDD, Federal, Local and Private Agencies (for non-
exempt employees only).
14. Manage and maintain I-9's and personnel files for current and terminated
15. Process and maintain garnishments for non-exempt employees.
16. Process all required reports for outside agencies such as certified payroll, DAS-140
17. Payroll processing which includes accurately preparing, entering time cards daily
and maintaining payroll data in JD Edwards system; troubleshoot payroll system
issues with IT department.
18. Provide accounting assistance to company personnel as needed.
19. Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions,
processes, and behaviors.
20. Must maintain confidentiality of financial data.
21. Must maintain the highest level of moral and ethical standards at all times.
22. Must work as needed, given the unpredictability of how long jobs or trips will take,
including overtime, nights, and weekends.
23. Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions,
word processing software.
6.Analytical and problem solving skills.
7.Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
8.10 key by touch. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Benefits: Paid Holidays
Medical with GENEROUS Employer contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Company Paid Long Term Disability
Profit Sharing *
401(k) with Company Match
Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents
Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors.
How To Apply: If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206-0099
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
MDU Resources Group, Inc.