Information Technology Coalition, Inc.
Lorton , VA 22079
Posted 3 months ago
JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk
GOVERNMENT AGENCY: U.S. Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time/ Permanent Position
LOCATION: 8550 Cinder Bed Rd, Suite 500, Lorton, VA 22079
SALARY: $22.68/hr + $4.27 per hour Health & Welfare used towards ITCs benefits plan. If not used towards benefits, H&W is deposited in a 401(k) account on the employees behalf.
Important: Please read the job vacancy carefully before applying. Any key requirement(s) not met will automatically disqualify you as a candidate for this position
- The contractor shall assist with the day-to-day administrative functions of the laboratory, to include fiscal, operational, and logistical tasks.Program Analyst duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day administrative functions to include fiscal, operational and logistical tasks
- Obtain and process requests to purchase a wide variety of office and agency equipment, supplies, and services by reviewing the request for completeness and accuracy, ensuring available funds; determining the appropriate purchase methods in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Request quotes, select vendors, resolve problems and negotiate modifications to original agreements, and maintain required documentation
- Prepare purchase orders and Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) by verifying specifications and price, obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtain approval from requisition department
- Prepare Reimbursement Agreement (RA) between Federal Agencies in accordance with Economy Act 31 U.S.C. 1535
- Determine adequacy and completeness of item or service description through research of various manuals and catalogs or through discussion with manufacturers representatives or requisitioning sources
- Utilize an electronic financial management system to oversee the collection, accurate accounting and reporting of funds; to collect and maintain up-to-date statistical data for planning and reporting purposes
- Assign accounting codes and process travel authorizations
- Process vendor invoices including verifying and/or obtaining payment, approval, matching purchase orders and receiving reports, and addressing exceptions
- Process and monitor account payable disbursements; reviewing account codes for accuracy, and verifying supporting documents and data
- Review and reconcile various financial transactions; examine invoices and other source documents to verify obligations and post appropriate records
- Create office budget realignments
- Resolve shipments in error with suppliers
- Close all Purchase Orders or BPA Call when the period of performance dates and warranty has expired
- Provide direction, work coordination, and training to other Purchasing Agents, assisting with more difficult and complex problems as needed. Perform general office/clerical support duties such as responding to telephone inquiries, filing, preparing information summaries, as well as other administrative duty needed for the successful operation of the office
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- MUST be a United States Citizen
- MUST be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (positive credit history, no criminal record, favorable employment history, no history of illicit drug use)
- 1-3 years accounts payable/accounting experience OR Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Familiarity with reviewing vendor invoices for payment of goods and/or services, ensuring requisite documentation is provided.
- Familiarity with the obligation of funding for the payment of invoices.
- Experience working with a financial management system in the payment of invoices.
- Effective communicator, oral and written
- Experience working under strict time constraints in a time sensitive environment
- Experience with developing and managing budgets preferably in a government environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be a fast learner with superb analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to protect and safeguard sensitive government information
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements
Health, Dental and Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 10 Paid Federal Holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service, 7 days Sick Leave
IT Coalition, Inc. is an information technology and consulting company focused on servicing the needs of the Federal Government. IT Coalitions mission is to apply earned expertise in information technology and information assurance/security to assist this client in achieving its mission. IT Coalition is located in Alexandria, VA and offers outstanding compensation and benefits plan and a challenging and rewarding professional work environment.
IT Coalition, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, disability, or sex including pregnancy and childbirth or related medical condition or on any other basis prohibited by law.