First Help Financial (FHF) is a fast growing and culturally diverse company in the U.S. We provide auto loans to the underserved and care for our customers and partners with exceptional service. Through flexible financing options and tri-lingual support, we offer consumers an easier way to finance their first car. We lend to and support our portfolio which has consistently grown 30-40% each year over the last six years.
Here you will find hard-working colleagues that come from over 20 countries. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism but also enjoy our work. Our culture and benefits are geared towards making you successful in life and comfortable at work.
Your Title: Accounting Associate
Hybrid Remote/Needham, MA office (1 day report to the office + 4 days work from home)
You Report To: Accounting Manager
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00am 5:30pm EST
Compensation: $50,000 + bonus!
About the Opportunity:
First Help Financial, recently voted Great Place to Work, is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Associate. This is an exciting new opportunity for an individual to join a growing company and accounting team. When you join our team at FHF youll do important work, 100% of your responsibility will be for accounts payable transaction cycle from beginning to end. As our ideal candidate, you will bring strong written and oral communication skills, the excitement to multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. First Help Financial would love to see your application!
What you will do:
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- 100% responsibility for accounts payable transaction cycle from beginning to end
- This is primarily done through Bill.com and Divvy, but alterative payment methods may be periodically used;
- This includes interacting with business unit managers and vendors, as needed;
- Verify, and obtain approvals, and pay all invoices in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures;
- Credit card statement reconciliations and expense reimbursement;
- Daily processing of customer refund checks;
- Annual 1099s and unclaimed property filing.
- Maintaining accounting databases, including applying transactions on the loan management system and entering transactions into the general ledger (Sage Intact);
- Maintaining accounting records by making copies; scanning and filing document as needed;
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation between various sources, including lock box;
- Assisting with the annual financial statement audit and other external audits;
- Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred;
- At least 1 years experience working on an accounting team (Account payable/GL);
- Proficiency in MS Office including strong Excel skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Analytical, with excellent problem-solving abilities;
- Previous experience with Bill.com, Divvy, and/or Sage Intact a huge plus.
Diversity and Inclusion
FHF is committed to building a culture that respects and embraces all walks of life, inclusive of all genders, race, culture, age, sexual orientation, and other identities. We will make accommodations when interviewing anyone with special needs.
First Help Financial