Accounting And Finance Lead
Austin , TX 78702
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Kammok is seeking an experienced finance and accounting member to join our team full-time, leading and performing the accounting and bookkeeping functions for the whole of our business. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Kammok designs performance outdoor gear to elevate camp. Our mission is to equip and inspire life-changing adventure, and we believe the outdoors is most transformative when experienced through our core values of community, adventure, and love. Located in East Austin, were most proud of our culture and our customers. Were looking for someone with humility and hustle to join our team and take Kammok to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Your responsibilities include:
- General Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Assist in monthly closings and prepare financial statements
- Download daily and weekly transaction data into accounting system
- Perform weekly billing functions and generate invoices
- Reconcile bank statements monthly and record journal entries as needed
- Support month end COGS analysis and inventory reconciliation
- Support development and analysis of departmental operating budgets
- Accounts Payable & Payroll
- Input all invoices and ensure tie to purchase orders submitted
- Schedule and prepare checks, ACH or wires due to vendors weekly
- Prepare payroll through Gusto payroll system
- Resolve invoice or payment discrepancies as needed
- Accounts Receivable
- Review and Process invoices, enter customer payments, make remote deposits
- Work with sales team to ensure timely collections
- Analyze aging reports to resolve balances due from customers on a weekly basis
- Reconcile all receivable accounts on a monthly basis
Expanded financial management role possible based on experience and performance.
You are analytical and relish in detail-oriented task execution. You are described as:
- Flexible. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude.
- Organized. You love knowing where everything is and you can explain why it's there to begin with.
- Detail-oriented. You pay attention to the little things.
- A number ninja. You love accounting and think excel is an art-form.
- A quick learner. You have a knack for picking things up quickly.
- All about the bottom line. You proactively look for ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter. You enjoy building systems and processes where they dont yet exist and are comfortable bringing structure and clarity to chaos.
- A fun human. You dont take yourself too seriously, but you are serious about getting things done.
- Passion for the job and Kammok's brand and mission
- 3+ years accounting or bookkeeping experience, CPA a bonus!
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter; comfortable working with a high level of responsibility
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Generous PTO policy
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Casual and inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee
- Friday lunches from our favorite places (lots of tacos!)
- Allowances and discounts on Kammok gear