Accounting Advisory Intern - Winter 2021
Centri Business Consulting, LLC
Philadelphia , PA 19019
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Accounting Intern is responsible for assisting with various client engagements and completing the Intern Project. The Intern Program, culminating in a group project, allows students to gain hands-on accounting advisory experience while working side by side with professionals from all levels of the firm. The Intern will gain extensive technical skills relating to financial reporting, internal controls, technical accounting, as well as the ability to collaborate and work efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
- Support various accounting engagements for clients and complete tasks as assigned by Manager(s)
- Support staff in researching new accounting guidance and best practices
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and clients business.
- Develop efficient work habits to ensure that work is completed timely and accurately
- Recognize how assigned tasks affect the final work product
- Maintain confidentiality of firm
- Comply with firm practice management procedures and systems
- Prepare special projects and present to Internship Committee and Partners
- Participate in the programs business acumen activities including Business Development, Branding & Marketing, Talent Development, Etiquette, etc.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Working towards eligibility to sit for CPA exam upon graduation (150 credits)
- Majority of accounting required classes completed
- Prior Accounting internship preferred
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through on requests, take initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Self-Starter that takes the initiative to ask questions
- Ability to complete a task with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects
- Accountability on projects and reporting time
- Ability to suggest new ideas of making current processes more effective and efficient
- Ability to apply knowledge learned in classroom to work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- This is a paid internship.