Accountant (Ltg) US
Learning Technologies Group
Raleigh , NC 27601
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We currently have an opportunity for an Accountant to be based on our offices in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The Accountant is responsible for delivering consistent and accurate financial reports.
This position will perform non-complex financial analyses to summarize the current and projected company financial position.
The successful individual will administer the CIP process, record fixed assets, administer accounts payable and reconcile bank accounts.
- CIP (Client Invoice Processing)
- Extract data for customers to ensure accurate and timely processing and management of data, payments and reconciliations
- Prepare information for audits
- Calculate client rebates and review with CFO
- Prioritize work to meet contracted terms
- Fixed Assets- Record the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Create and monitor a system of controls and procedures for recording fixed assets
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting/procurement policies related to fixed assets
- Recommend to management assets for disposal.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger
- Calculate/Run depreciation for all fixed assets
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Accounts Payable for assigned areas
- Enter invoices to the accounting system matching those invoices to purchase orders. Code entries to proper accounts to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Research and resolve invoice and vendor statement discrepancies
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and adherence to Company polices. Route invoices for payment approval
- Communicate with internal customers to provide updates, resolve discrepancies and follow-up on open items. Work in partnership with internal customers to resolve purchase order issues.
- Provide timely responses to inquiries from business leaders regarding purchase order status. Alert leaders to expiring purchase orders and advise on proper coding of order.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Reconcile bank accounts for corporate entities including foreign subsidiaries
- Identify and communicate to manager and stakeholders daily outstanding activity in bank accounts
- Prepare audit schedules relating to cash, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Other Responsibilities
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end & year-end close process
- Post journal entries in the general ledger
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Protect organizations value by keeping information confidential
- Maintain documentation of processes and procedures
- Recommend process improvements across the management of the GL and any other Finance areas
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and re-prioritize as needed
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner
- Strong customer service skills and responsiveness to questions
- Experience handling confidential information and providing high quality work to all levels of the organization
- Experience in accounting/bookkeeping that includes posting and reviewing accounting transactions.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel
- Able to maintain highly confidential information and protect employee and company confidential information
Learning Technologies Group is a leader in the high-growth workplace e-learning industry. The Group offers truly end-to-end learning solutions ranging from strategic consultancy, through a range of content and platform solutions to analytical insights that enable corporate and government clients to meet their performance objectives.
LTGs businesses LEO Learning, gomo, Eukleia, PRELOADED, Rustici Software, NetDimensions and PeopleFluent are at the forefront of innovation and best-practice in the learning technology sector, and have received numerous awards for their exceptional performance. Our portfolio of brands represents the best of breed and they are acknowledged throughout the industry as market leaders.
LTG is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (LTG.L) and headquartered in London. The Group has offices in Europe, the United States, Asia-Pacific and South America.
At LTG we offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package, and the opportunity to work in a fun and social environment that is both challenging and rewarding.