Accountant / Bookkeper
Walnut Creek , CA 94596
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Want to use your expertise and help people around the world further their education?
Plexuss is a fast-growing ed-tech startup that connects students with colleges. We are seeking an accomplished Accountant to help aid in the growth of our company. As Plexuss' primary accountant, you will take charge of the company's full accounting function including bookkeeping, accounts payable, annual tax audits and preparation of tax returns.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, desire to serve others, good time management skills, excellent attention to detail, a sound understanding of general accounting principles, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are a strong believer that cultural fit is a strong contributor to long term employee contentment. Help us determine if this role is a good fit for you by completing our mandatory hiring questionnaire(this takes less than five minutes to complete):
- Perform accurate and timely monthly closing of the financial statements and month-end account reconciliations
- Analyze and summarize financial statements for discrepancies
- Assist with creation of annual budgets and forecasting
- Oversee reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Invoice clients (AR/AP)
- File with state and federal necessary documents
- Support for ad-hoc projects as required
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years' corporate accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required (CPA preferred, not required)
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Expertise in Excel
- Strong understanding of GAAP required
- Experience with VC backed startup
- Demonstrated ability to work both at the strategic and tactical level with a can-do attitude to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to find sources of financing
- Demonstrate a high sense of urgency in driving key initiatives and resolution to sensitive issues.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and computer savvy