Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Stamford , CT 06901
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Yardi Accounting ProfessionalWho are we?
Discover the best that Stamford, Connecticut, has to offerbe one of the few who live in Summer House high-rise apartments.A pinnacle of luxury
, Stamfords tallest apartment building offers amazing convenience with a spectacular panorama stunning views of Manhattan across the Long Island Sound
.Live the lifestyle you deserve
. From top brand appliances in your unit to local boutiques just steps away, youll love living at the premier sky-high complex in the city. Have a weekend brunch at a gourmet eatery or take advantage of the proximity of Mill River Park and stroll along the water and delight in the local wildlife and beautiful native plants.What are we looking for?
The Property Accountant applies generally accepted accounting principles to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.What will you do?
What do we require?
- Maintain all aspects of accounting for Summer House
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements
- Forecasting cash flow
- Analysis of monthly financial statements
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly. Cash management includes communication on all items involving cash shortfalls and cash surplus that involve capital calls or distributions to owners
- Research problems under the direction of the immediate supervisor as required
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed
- Identify and implement process improvement
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrate ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to building ownership.
- Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management (Yardi), and database management programs in order to complete required reports. Advanced knowledge of Yardi Voyager REQUIRED.
- Demonstrate mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Medical, dental, vision (United Health) generous premium contribution
- Voluntary STD/LTD - Aflac
- Basic Life company provided
- PTO/sick leave
This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.