Caterpillar Nashville , TN 37201
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate newproduct development and supervise existing insurance programs for CaterpillarInsurance Services Corporation (CISC) either domestically orinternationally.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Develops and implements insurance strategies for CISC and
Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC).
2.Develops, implements and manages insurance productsdomestically or internationally. Management of the products includes underwriting, pricing, distribution,loss control, claims and customer service. Marketing and sales of the product result in achievement of the businessunit's financial objectives.
3.Continuously identifies critical customer requirements anddevelops and maintains a book of business for the business unit that meetsthese requirements. This includescoordination of support activities performed by other members of the CISCstaff.
4.Interacts with dealers and Caterpillar Business Units tosupport enterprise objectives.
5.Assists in creating the annual business plan and indeveloping tactical plans to achieve strategic and business plan goals.
6.Assists with the management of current captives and newcaptives as they are formed.
7.Assists in coordinating data to support the underwritingaspects of pricing, compliance and marketing for new and existingproducts. This includes coordinationwith the actuarial and IT departments.
8.Assists in the development and maintenance of queries andreports from various enterprise systems that relate to Cat Insuranceprograms. These reports are utilized bythe company in the marketing and profitability management of the core lines ofbusiness.
9.Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvementobjectives for the department. Progresstoward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessarymeasurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development ofresolutions to address them.
10. Understands the
Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in allaspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1.Demonstrated ability to apply time management, organization andplanning skills.
2.Demonstratedknowledge of and ability to oversee, analyze, interpret, and apply problem-solving anddecision-making skills to meet the business unit's goals.
3.Demonstrated ability tomanage the preparation of high-quality documents, reports, spreadsheets,graphics and presentations.
4.Demonstrated ability toapply rating mechanisms to product exposures to develop price quotes, asrequired.
5.Knowledge of risk managementtechniques.
6.Demonstrated ability to workindependently in an organized manner.
7.Advancedknowledge of policy forms and coverage descriptions and the demonstrated ability to interpret andmodify/draft policy forms and coverage descriptions as required meetingcustomer requirements.
8.Advanced ability to applynegotiation skills with partners to arrive at mutually agreed upon servicestandards and business practices.
9.Advanced knowledge of andadherence to the Compliance Policy for Caterpillar Insurance Company andinsurance affiliates.
10. Advanced knowledge ofinsurance products and their markets, compliance, regulations and NAICstandards.
11. Advanced knowledge of anddemonstrated ability to apply statistical analysis skills.
12. Demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills used in insurancepricing.
13. Ability to sit, focus oncomputer screen, and type on keyboard for long periods of time.
14. Demonstrated knowledge ofand ability to utilize computer based software to produce documents, reports,and spreadsheets.
15. Thorough ability to applyeffective oral, written, and listening communications skills.
16. Demonstrated knowledge ofand demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills including those usedin financial modeling and forecasting.
17. Thorough knowledge of andability to apply leadership skills to specific situations and lead a crossfunctional team.
18. Demonstrated ability tomotivate personnel to achieve objectives.
19. Demonstrated knowledge ofcompetitive markets and the ability to make sound recommendations.
20. Demonstrated knowledge ofCaterpillar Business Units, Caterpillar products including their applicationsand markets and Caterpillar dealer organizations, with the scope of job duties.
21. Demonstrated ability topromote insurance products and programs, which enhance growth, improve quality,and exceed customer expectations.
22. Demonstrated ability toensure proper insurance policies and procedures are followed in order toprotect CFSC/CISC interests.
23. Demonstrated ability todevelop and administer activities of internal and external resources to ensurethat a cost-effective program for insurance tracking is established andmaintained.
24. Demonstrated ability todevelop and nurture positive relationships with external and internalcustomers.
25. Demonstrated ability toassist in maintaining an atmosphere that establishes quality customer serviceas the primary focus.
26. Ability to speak, read andcomprehend languages other than English may be essential.
27. Ability to drive a car orarrange for adequate transportation to and from dealerships, customer sites,etc.
28. Must be willing to travel upto 50% of the time.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree and minimum of 5 yearsexempt experience in property and casualty insurance or risk mitigation isrecommended.
Some formal training ispreferred in CPCU, AMIM, IIA or similar programs. CPCU is preferred. Must be licensed as an insurance agent in allU.S. jurisdictions if required. Equivalentexperience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Advanced knowledge of Excel, experience in database programming language SQL,demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills used in insurance pricing, and demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply computation skills including those used in financial modeling and forecasting